website statistics

Post Games Analysis | How did your country perform at Paris Olympics 2024?

1. Rate the performance on a scale of 1-10

1- Absolutely Terrible 

2 - Bad

9- Kinda Awesome 

10- Fantastic, Unbelievable 

2. What were the suprises and heartbreaks ?

3.Was your country's goal achieved? 

4. Which are the sports that will be invested more in future? 

Current / Upcoming sports

5. Who could be some the potential star for your country in LA?

2)

Surprise: definitely Tennis player Anna K. Schmiedlová and Skateboarder Tury

Heartbreak: Salkazanov and entire Shooting team

3)

No idea, I guess yes since we have a medal. but I don´t care, winning only 1 bronze, regardless the amount of athletes we had is just embarassing and unacceptable.

4)

No need to be a fortuneteller, I know my country, so none

5)

Patricia Tománková in W Judo, I have my hopes on her to win a lot of major medals in the future

1) 6

So many chances just wasted, a lot of flops and a A LOT of fourths.  However, record number of medals + golds in a non-boycotted games.

2. What were the surprises and heartbreaks ?

Heartbreaks: Pierce Lepage out before the games, Damian Warner no heighting in the pole vault, Sarah Mitton last in women's shot put,  Men's basketball, Women's 3x3, track cycling team performance, All the fourths.

Surprises: First ever medal in fencing, medal for Alysha Newman.

There was no goal, but unofficially the Canadian government wanted a top 10 overall medals performance (we were 11th).

Fencing 

Summer Mcintosh, if not already a star

1  8/10 Picked up a few medals every single day so always something to celebrate. Would have liked a few more Gold and felt unlucky to miss out on a few events but still cant complain

2 Surprises: Toby Roberts Sport Climbing Gold.  First ever Medal in Artistic Swimming

Heartbreaks: Beth Shriever flopping in BMX final. Mens Hockey teams Penalty loss to India. Max Whitlock retiring empty handed

3 We were targeting between 50-70 medals and came away with 65. Likely expecting more Gold so there will be questions asked in certain areas but overall should be satisfied

4. Sport Climbing definitely should be as theres potential for more success.

5. Louie Hinchcliffe in Athletics. Emma Finucane in Track Cycling Andrea Spendolini-Sirieix in Diving.  Sky Brown in Skateboarding and possibly Surfing. Toby Roberts and Erin McNeice in Sport Climbing. Caden Cunningham in Taekwondo  to name but a few who can kick on from Paris

Sure it always can be worse but we have never been lower, one gold. Terrible atmosphere, conflicts athletes - feds, frustration, most crying etc. Desperate picture. Like amateur country. And all without Russia and Belarus. Very few athletes for future hopes. For many Poles the most important was that Szeremeta kicks balls of Taipei boxer. I'm not used to such bad vision of Poland. We have regressed to sth like early 50s after WWII. Journalists are depresed with all they had seen. If we want to get better as a nation...lot of work ahaed of us. What a pity for Włodarczyk, 4cm from dream end of her story. Great games with rather sad polish experience. Szeremeta and Pikulik +. Sprint canoe the worst. Look for Troscianka in decathlon, Roch Krukowski in JT. But we don't have them too many. From here maybe Choluj in wrestling. 

Edited by Pavlo

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

1. I'd say a 6

2. Surprises:

- Nina Christen not performing, but two other shooters stepping in her shoes to defend her medals from Tokyo. Especially Chiara Leone who only qualified at the last moment by winning the European Championships after forgetting her shooting equipment at home and her parents had to drive 14 hours to Croatia to deliver it to her.

- Julie Derron getting a perfect day to continue our amazing performances in the triathlon.

- The Men's gymnastics team reaching the finals again and even individually performing really well.

Heartbreaks:

- Zero medals in Mountain Bike only for the second olympics since it's introduction.

- All the fourth places. We had 9 (10 if you count losing the Judo bronze match), which is more than we got medals total. Especially the three fourth places in athletics hurt, since it's been so long since we've won a medal in athletics.

- The Equestrian jumping team missing out on the finals, while being named as one of the favourites. At least Steve Guerdat redeemed himself in the individual event.

- Hüberli/Brunner missing out on the Beachvolleyball finals after haven a match ball.

- Morgane Métraux absolutely failing in the last day of golf, after being in first place at the end of days 2 and 3.

3. Our olympic committee set a goal of 7 medals, which was achieved. I just wished it would have been one or two more golds instead of all the bronze.

4. Not sure. Possibly shooting and maybe Modern Pentathlon, since we finally had two competitors again, after many olympics without one.

5. I'm not knowledgable enough to answer this

1. Rate the performance on a scale of 1-10

I would give Hungary a 7. We did pretty well given the current level of our athletes.

2. What were the suprises and heartbreaks ?

Márton winning gold in taekwondo, the girls overperforming in the kayak events after a very lackluster 3 years, Muhari winning bronze in women's epee after an almost unprecedent qualification, Major winning bronze in shooting after many years of disappointment in the discipline. As you can tell, we had many good surprises.

As for the disappointments... the boys flopping in pentathlon despite the 1-2 at the Worlds, Muszukajev not even winning a medal in wrestling and obviously the fact that we didn't win a single gold medal in Canoe Sprint for the first time since 1976.

Personally I expeted 5 gold medals and 16 total medals. We got 6 gold medals and 19 total medals. I think we achieved what we came for. 

I think the level of investment won't change, maybe with the exception of taekwondo, we might see a surge there now that we got an Olympic champion. 

The Márton twins, one of them already won in Paris. Maybe Blanka Vas? She must win that medal eventually. Bettina Fábián is also very talented in open water swimming. 

3 hours ago, intoronto said:

1) 6

So many chances just wasted, a lot of flops and a A LOT of fourths.  However, record number of medals + golds in a non-boycotted games.

2. What were the surprises and heartbreaks ?

Heartbreaks: Pierce Lepage out before the games, Damian Warner no heighting in the pole vault, Sarah Mitton last in women's shot put,  Men's basketball, Women's 3x3, track cycling team performance, All the fourths.

Surprises: First ever medal in fencing, medal for Alysha Newman.

There was no goal, but unofficially the Canadian government wanted a top 10 overall medals performance (we were 11th).

Fencing 

Summer Mcintosh, if not already a star

Judo was also pretty disappointing, besides Deguchi. 

Edited by Josh