website statistics

Athletes from other Countries that you will root against at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Posted (edited)

Well first of all :NED Van De Velde… :sick: and Immers (nothing against Immers, just his questionable decision to partner up with him)

Then…

:USA Noah Lyles - Athletics

:USA Sha’Carri Richardson - Athletics

:USA Nyjah Huston - Skateboarding 

:BRA Ana Patricia Silva Ramos (not Duda) - Beach Volleyball

:AUS Taliqua Clancy ** (not Mariafe) - Beach Volleyball

:USA Kelly Cheng (not Hughes) - Beach Volleyball

:LAT Jelena Ostapenko - Tennis

:BRA Tiago Seyboth Wild - Tennis

:BRA Beatriz Haddad Maia - Tennis

:GRE Stefanos Tsitsipas - Tennis

:ITA Sara Errani - Tennis

:TUR Ebrar Karakurt - Volleyball (almost forgot about her)

:GBR Tom Dean - Swimming

:GER Alexander Zverev - Tennis

:FRA Corvee/Labar and Popov/Popov - Badminton (nothing against the athletes…) 

:FRA Bassereau/Lyneel - Beach Volleyball

:FRA Krou/Gauthier-Rat - Beach Volleyball 

:FRA Chamereau/Viera - Beach Volleyball

:FRA Corentine Moutet - Tennis

** Fun fact, I started disliking her a couple of days ago when she cursed the ref during their qualifying game at the Gstaad Elite16. Ref couldn’t understand it, but still not cool :thumbdown:

Edited by Josh

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Josh said:

:USA Noah Lyles - Athletics

:USA Sha’Carri Richardson - Athletics

I gotta say it. The only kilometer I know about is the one these two can run one tenth of faster than anyone else on earth.

I’m not much of a patriot, slept in on the July 4 celebrations yesterday, but the moment one of these American heros tops that Parisian podium I will briefly be the most insufferable person on this website in celebration. That’s a fact, that’s a promise. They both represent the dreams of this nation and represent the best in the American spirit.

Edited by Book

Basically anyone from :CHN & :USA (nothing personal with the athletes but seeing someone from these countries win always feels like some bureaucratic action with no emotion taking place).

And a few arrogant europeans here and there, as usual. 

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

I understand things are subjective but your hate towards Ana Patricia is kinda ridiculous at this point...

I wouldn’t really call it “hate” because I don’t hate her. That being said, I’m not the biggest fan of her either. ;)

The only athlete on this list that I hate is Van De Velde. 

Edit: and Karakurt. 

To explain on Ana Patricia, 1. most of the time she doesn’t seem she’s trying (you could say the same for Duda, but to a lesser extent) and 2. she rarely if not ever smiles. It’s like playing beach volleyball is a chore for her, she doesn’t look like she’s enjoying it. There’s no reason why she shouldn’t be hammering the majority of her attacks into the sand, and yet she doesn’t. 

Edited by Josh

31 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Basically anyone from :CHN & :USA (nothing personal with the athletes but seeing someone from these countries win always feels like some bureaucratic action with no emotion taking place).

And a few arrogant europeans here and there, as usual. 

Such as… :d

8 minutes ago, Josh said:

To explain on Ana Patricia, 1. most of the time she doesn’t seem she’s trying (you could say the same for Duda, but to a lesser extent) and 2. she rarely if not ever smiles. It’s like playing beach volleyball is a chore for her, she doesn’t look like she’s enjoying it. There’s no reason why she shouldn’t be hammering the majority of her attacks into the sand, and yet she doesn’t. 

You have mentioned multiple times now that you don't like her, which is fine, I just find strange that you included her on a list with dopers, arrogant people (Ostapenko for sure) and criminals :p

2 hours ago, Book said:

I gotta say it. The only kilometer I know about is the one these two can run one tenth of faster than anyone else on earth.

I think you mean hectometer.

37 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

You have mentioned multiple times now that you don't like her, which is fine, I just find strange that you included her on a list with dopers, arrogant people (Ostapenko for sure) and criminals :p

It makes 0 sense lol

Its a double and he is in favour of one and hate the another one.

Is he supportining a draw in a sport that is a draw inst possible? Lol teenager things...

Posted (edited)

I wouldn't call it hate, but that Brazilian skateboarding girl who every single time reacts as if she just can't believe it at the moment she gets her medal (and it's long clear she won). I can not stand her reactions, it's one of the reasons I don't think I'll be watching that event :p (but I definitely don't wish a bad result upon her or anything)

Actual hate...no, I don't feel that towards any athlete I think now that Mekhissi isn't competing (and Richard Kilty, I think). Definitely won't be cheering for certain athletes, like I would be far from sad if Novak Djokovic is out early. No hate, just very much not a fan and would probably prefer every single other player as winner :p 

In terms of Dutch athletes I'm sure I'll start having some negative feelings in the women's road race at some point, but also no hate towards anyone in the entire team across all sports.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!