website statistics

[POLL] Are you satisfied with your Olympic Contingent for Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024? Road to Paris 2024

Are you satisfied with your Olympic Contingent for Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied with your Olympic Contingent?

• Yes, infact exceeded expectations
    • Yes, quite satisfied
    • Not exactly, but it's fine
    • Not all all, way below expectations
  2. 2. Are you happy with the Olympic Sports Programme at Paris 2024?

3. 3. Do you think the schedule at Paris 2024 is good?

Sub Poll 

1. What were the top 3 close qualification misses (team/individual) which you regret ?

2. Given an opportunity to add sports (not exceeding 5 sports and/or 20 events) with an athlete cap of 280 in total, what all would you chose?

3. If you had the opportunity to make 3 changes(3 events/3 sports) to schedule at Paris '24 what would you do?

Edited by Sindo

1 minute ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Sub Poll 

1. What were the top 3 close qualification misses (team/individual) which you regret ?

2. Given an opportunity to add sports (not exceeding 5 sports and/or 20 events) with an athlete cap of 280 in total, what all would you chose?

3. If you had the opportunity to make 3 changes(3 events/3 sports) to schedule at Paris '24 what would you do?

1 - Women's Hockey team

2 - Bhavani Devi

3 - Deepak Punia

1 - Squash

2 - Roller skating 

3 - Badminton mixed team (similar to Judo mixed team)

4 - Table Tennis mixed team (similar to above)

Maybe I should wait until after the rugby but I'm mildly disappointed with qualification, especially with quite a few near misses. I think I'm probably the most frustrated with the self imposed qualification from Aquatics GB and UK Athletics, although Aquatics GB have redeemed themselves somewhat by taking all 7 relays.

The top 3 qualification misses would have to be, Men's Skeet, as that deprives the mixed team that were 2022 World Champions, not qualifying 2 riders in the men's BMX race, and Lauren Williams in Taekwondo.

I don't think there are are any sports we should add, although Breaking should definitely be taken away.

Canoeing Sprint -

failing to qualify in the whole sport for the first time ever since starting as independednt country in Atlanta 96.

Our K4 medalled in Athens, Beijing, Rio and Tokyo, finalist in Sydney and London. Especially them failing to qualify is embarassing disaster

W Table Tennis -

Our W team quarterfinalist at last year team WCh had it in their hands... then this year lost to Sweden in the Last 16 and missed the historic first team qualification for the games closely,

Balážová/Pištej reached the mixed doubles world qualifiers final to lost to Sweden... failed then to qualify even via ranking

Balážová reached the final in the singles qualifier and lost...then missed the qualifying via ranking as first non qualified

W Triathlon - 3 girls were fighting and holding the qualifying position until the very end to miss the quota for the country at the very end, first non qualified....

W Artistic Gymnastics - Failed to qualify for the first time in history

Tennis - failed to qualify for the first time in history

MTB - Sagan failed to qualify and close his career as he wished in his beloved MTB at the Olympucs in France

oh wait you asked for only 3 sports..

Probably only karate instead of breaking

Canoeing Slalom - M C2 instead of Kayak Cross

Canoeing Sprint - M K4-1000m instead of 500m

Race Walk 50km instead of mixed relay

Edited by hckošice

and to answer the main question.

No. Obviously not satisfied by our qualification cycle, however, I am already identified with it, since it is the sad reality. It will be even worse in the future. by Brisbane we will very likely become a tripartite nation

Our Olympics teams this century.. you not need diploma in mathematics to see the trajectory

Sydney 2000  - 112 athletes

Athens 2004 - 64

Beihing 2008  - 58

London 2012 - 47

Rio 2016  - 51

Tokyo 2020(1) -  41

Paris 2024 -  21

First of all, no I am not happy with how the Olympic qualification period has gone for Canada… lots of near misses :(

9 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Sub Poll 

1. Well thank you for reminding me about how our women’s volleyball team didn’t qualify… but I’d say women’s volleyball, women’s volleyball, women’s volleyball. Jokes aside, my other two picks would be Pamela Ware/Mia Vallee in women’s 3m synchro diving, and our men’s archery team. But there’s so many I could put with Cody Young in surfing, our men’s rugby team, and some missed chances in rowing. Erin Brooks, was nowhere close to a quota in surfing (she only had one chance, due to citizenship issues), but she would’ve been a medal hope had she qualified. 

2. Karate, squash, baseball/softball in. Breaking, artistic swimming, modern pentathlon, equestrian, and rhythmic gymnastics out. I’d also add some more to other sports. 

3. 50km race walk instead of the mixed team relay, separate the boulder and combined disciplines in sport climbing (edit: actually, I’d rather allow a maximum of 2 individual athletes instead of 1 in sports like judo, boxing, taekwondo etc), and make the Olympic programme 3 weeks instead of 2.

Edited by Josh

2 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Sub Poll 

1. not even close, but the men's football team fail hurts, same for the men's basketball (who isn't gonna earn a spot in the upcoming OQT, let's be honest)

among the individual sports, women's team archery and, above all, the 2nd relay team in the athletics race walking event are the 2 lost qualifications I regret the most

Chamizo's scandal in Wrestling, instead, goes beyond...there's nothing to regret, there's something to take revenge (with blood) :bones:

2/3. I already exposed myself more than once...at least Breaking, BMX Freestyle, Artistic Swimming, Rhythmic Gymnastics and Rugby Sevens out; Karate (Kumite only), Baseball/Softball, Cricket T20, Roller Skating, Biathlon and Skiing and Water Ski (Jumping and Slalom only) in

plus some smaller changes in the Athletics, Swimming, Road & Track Cycling, Sport Climbing and Racket sports program

Edited by phelps

22 minutes ago, Dkats said:

I love how everyone just seems to collectively hate on breaking 😂😂

i gave it a chance and watched some today, 3 mins later and that was that.

happy with GB qualification i think its about par, women's football was a big disappointment, don't think GB will have a single male judoka going?, and men's skeet (although i believe that is still TBC on quota reallocations?)  (rugby can float around here until the final later)

event disciplines that should be added? i'll shout it, SHORT TRACK MOUNTAIN BIKING!! no extra athletes required, its a no brainer......

sports to be added, i'd say cricket but thats allready coming, and baseball/softball but that is the same. give breaking its moment and then sling it away