website statistics

How many medals do you expect from your Nation at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024? Road to Paris 2024

:BUL Bulgaria and medals, not really hand to hand this century. :d I was very pessimistic for Tokyo and somehow we got 6 medals. If we get the same, or even more this time, then it would be another success. 

And speaking of potential medalists :whistle:

Boxing - Javier Ibanez , who is actually :CUB Cuban;

Taekwondo - Kimia Alizadeh , who is actually :IRI Iranian;

Wrestling - Magomed Ramazanov, who is actually :RUS Russian;

Wrestling - Semen Novikov , who is actually :UKR Ukrainian;

Wrestling - Aik Mnatsakanian, who is actually :GEO / :ARM Georgiо-Armenian 

Anyone else wanting international participation can apply in their local BG consulate :wall:

As for the medals:

Rhythmic Gymnastics - probably 2

Weightlifting - 1 is almost certain, with a chance for a second;

Boxing - this could go from 1 to 4, very much depending on draws, referees etc.;

Taekwondo - good chance for 1;

Wrestling - not confident here, 1-2 if lucky;

Very outside chances in fencing and shooting. Kostadinova hasn't been steady in the past year or so, and shooting has one of the tightest competitions, so getting a medal like in Tokyo is going to be a miracle. 

I'd say a final tally of 6, with 8 if we have a positive outcome in some sports.

Posted (edited)

:DEN Denmark 

In Tokyo, Denmark won 11 medals. My prediction would be that we would end up between 9-12 medals in Paris. Best guess would be 10 medals overall.

We won 3 gold medals in Tokyo. For Paris I would say 1-2 gold medals are realistic.

Medal chances:

Badminton 1-3 medals (Axelsen one of our gold medal chances. Antonsen in men's singles and Astrup/Rasmussen also have a realistic chance to get medals)

Canoeing  1-2 medals (Jorgensen/Matthiesen in women's K-2 probably our biggest chance. Maybe one of the gold medal chances for us. Jorgensen should also medal in Women's K-1.)

Road Cycling 0-1 medals (Not a realistic chance, but Mads Pedersen could medal. But this is toss with so many riders)'

Track Cycling 1-3 medals (Men's team pursuit should medal. Might win gold. Men's and women's madison also have chances to grab medals.)

Equestrian 1-2 medals (Should medal in team dressage. Cathrine Laudrup-Dufour also have a chance to win a medal individually.)

Handball 1-2 medals (Men should win a medal and one of our biggest gold medal hopes. Women could grab a bronze medal.)

Rowing 0-1 medals (Small chances in a few events though it could easily end with zero medal for us in rowing.)

Sailing 1 medal (Anne-Marie Rindom as defending world champion in ICLA 6 from this year and defending Olympic champion, should be a safe medallist. A top contender for the gold medal.)

Shooting 1-2 medals (Jesper Hansen in men's skeet and Rikke Ibsen in women's 50m rifle 3 positions. Not guaranteed medals at all.)

Pessimistic: 7

Realistic: 10

Exceeding expectations: 13 medals 

Edited by Wumo

5 hours ago, mpjmcevoy said:

I think that boat has gone, thankfully.

For:GBRGBR it's a funny one - huge number of possibles - on a good day, GBR could walk away from cycling with an absolute bagfull, ditto diving, canoe slalom, swimming, athletics, equestrian, rowing and sailing, with health returns in athletics, gymnastics, and triathlon...and on a bad day, they could have a big drop in medals and an awful lot of fourth and fifth places.

Rowing had a dreadful time in tokyo, but seems to have turned a corner

Athletics and swimming are both a curates egg,

boxing seems to be the new Tokyo rowing

i'm gonna say 45-65, with the result likely to be in the lower end. But the golds could go down a lot. I thoroughly expect Italians to be the breakthrough nation.

As for my other hat :IRL, I have a deep and unusual optimisim - I think 8 is genuinely possible.

agree with all of that, hope we can remain top european nation, and maybe slide into top 4 again which is what... around 20 gold? i can see that being in range given how GB peak for olympics

:IND -> 8-10 medals & possibly 1-2 Golds . 

This is a very optimistic prediction, for us to reach that number a lot has to go right especially in precision sports like Shooting & Archery where anything can happen on a given day.
Other sports which might contribute includes Badminton, Athletics, Boxing & Wrestling . Hockey & weightlifting too. 

It could all go wrong like Rio & we might end up with 2-4 medals & 0 golds. 

Hoping for a successful Olympics :pope:

51 minutes ago, Wumo said:

:DEN Denmark 

In Tokyo, Denmark won 11 medals. My prediction would be that we would end up between 9-12 medals in Paris. Best guess would be 10 medals overall.

We won 3 gold medals in Tokyo. For Paris I would say 1-2 gold medals are realistic.

Medal chances:

Badminton 1-3 medals (Axelsen one of our gold medal chances. Antonsen in men's singles and Astrup/Rasmussen also have a realistic chance to get medals)

Canoeing  1-2 medals (Jorgensen/Matthiesen in women's K-2 probably our biggest chance. Maybe one of the gold medal chances for us. Jorgensen should also medal in Women's K-1.)

Road Cycling 0-1 medals (Not a realistic chance, but Mads Pedersen could medal. But this is toss with so many riders)'

Track Cycling 1-3 medals (Men's team pursuit should medal. Might win gold. Men's and women's madison also have chances to grab medals.)

Equestrian 1-2 medals (Should medal in team dressage. Cathrine Laudrup-Dufour also have a chance to win a medal individually.)

Handball 1-2 medals (Men should win a medal and one of our biggest gold medal hopes. Women could grab a bronze medal.)

Rowing 0-1 medals (Small chances in a few events though it could easily end with zero medal for us in rowing.)

Sailing 1 medal (Anne-Marie Rindom as defending world champion in ICLA 6 from this year and defending Olympic champion, should be a safe medallist. A top contender for the gold medal.)

Shooting 1-2 medals (Jesper Hansen in men's skeet and Rikke Ibsen in women's 50m rifle 3 positions. Not guaranteed medals at all.)

Pessimistic: 7

Realistic: 10

Exceeding expectations: 13 medals 

Holger Rune is good on clay courts, he has at least a small chance to win a medal in Paris!

35 minutes ago, Olympicsnell said:

agree with all of that, hope we can remain top european nation, and maybe slide into top 4 again which is what... around 20 gold? i can see that being in range given how GB peak for olympics

There is every chance of GBR knocking off 8-10 gold medals in cycling alone if everything fell right in MTB, Women's sprint, Women's endurance, men's endurance, time trials, bmx free men, bmx racing women....or coming away with just 1 or 2 (I can't see no golds for Archibald or Fincucane)

They could literally win every Equestrian gold, even team dressage, if both Fry and Dujardin absolutely smoke....or none at all

They could beat their Tokyo gold tally in the pool, especially if Peaty peaks well - or win none (though I think at least 1 is very very likely in m4x2 free)

They could knock out 2, even three golds in Athletics if every god smiled. Or none (I predict, sadly, none, but a good general medal haul)

Two in artistic gymnastics (M PH and M VT). Or none (both, to me, are 50/50). Three in Triathlon...or none.

It's that sort of feeling - lots of possibles, in all sorts of nooks and crannies, but fewer 'nailed on' than recently the case.

Ireland never has nailed on - except Katie Taylor first time around - but there are more genuine gold chances than I can ever remember between rowing, gymnastics, athletics, swimming, boxing. We may get none, we're likely to get none. Or we could win 5!

gotta love sport.

Posted (edited)

:NED 

I'll join @CCB and also predict 30-35 medals and I'm going to be ambitious and say 12 gold, equalling our Sydney 2000 record of gold medals.

I agree with CCB we don't have that many clear gold medal chances, but my hopeful prediction would be, in no particular order:

1. Women field hockey team
  2. Track cycling team sprint
  3. Harrie Lavreysen (individual sprint)
  4. Harrie Lavreysen (keirin)
  5. Niek Kimmann (BMX)
  6. Mathieu van der Poel (Road cycling race)
  7. Sifan Hassan (road marathon):whistle:
  8. Rowing W1x
  9. Rowing M2x
  10. Rowing M4x
  11. Bart Lambriex/Floris van de Werken (skiff)
  12. Luuc Van Opzeeland (IQfoil)

It's crazy that some of our most elite athletes Marrit Steenbergen, Femke Bol or Demi Vollering/Lorena Wiebes are not in this list, but their competitors O'Callaghan, McLaughlin and Kopecky are even stronger.

Edit: forgot Puck Pieterse somehow! I guess Ferrand-Prevot wins this one...

Edited by Jinzha

It will be difficult Olympics for :POL Poland. In the 21st century we struggle to get a double-digit number of medals. Until now it worked every single time. In Paris it might not be that optimistic.

Realistically it will be something between 8 and 11, 2-3 gold. Four should be in for sure (no screenshots please!;). From the section "probable" I hope for 3 out of 7. The section "maybe" should deliver 1 medal out of 8 opportunities. The rest is chance.

I wish I would be proved sooo wrong, but the past Games have taught me to keep the expectations low. Still I take my vacation for the Olympics to watch undisturbed;) 

For those who want to know the detail:

Absolutely Must:

Rowing - M4X - bronze
Sport Climbing - Speed - A. Mirosław - gold
Tennis - W ind - I. Świątek - gold
Volleyball - Team Men - something

Probable

K2 W - silver
K4 W - bronze
Fencing - Team Epee - bronze
Judo -63kg W - Angelika Szymanska - silver
Sailing - IQFoil M - Paweł Tarnowski - gold