website statistics

Men's Basketball FIBA Olympic Qualification Tournaments 2024

George_D

5 hours ago, Josh said:

I can’t see him not playing given the stakes (even if he plays a game 7 in the NBA Finals), and how much he likes to play for his country in international competition, but you’re right. 

BTW in no way am I saying that Greece has no chance or anything like that (of course they could win the quota), Ben’s reply was taking about the favourites in each of the tournaments. :d

He is questionable even for game 2 tonight. Every man has it's limit, so does Dončić, it would be superhuman if he would come to play and then he needs to play Olympics too. But even if he plays he's going to play banged up and with this Slovenian roster and these players there's just no chance Greece isn't considered favorites here. Especially being played in Greece. And I'm not saying Slovenia doesn't have a chance but I would put it at least 60-40 Greece even if Luka plays. 

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, nenad said:

He is questionable even for game 2 tonight. Every man has it's limit, so does Dončić, it would be superhuman if he would come to play and then he needs to play Olympics too. But even if he plays he's going to play banged up and with this Slovenian roster and these players there's just no chance Greece isn't considered favorites here. Especially being played in Greece. And I'm not saying Slovenia doesn't have a chance but I would put it at least 60-40 Greece even if Luka plays. 

Opposite for me (60-40 Slovenia), but we’ll see ;)

What I think we can both agree on is that these teams are quite even (for the most part), so I’m also basing this off of Greece’s recent failures at Olympic qualification in 2016 and 2021. 

Edited by Josh

Posted (edited)

Those 17 players will start the preparations together, most of them from tomorrow, Balcerowski, Ponitka, Sochan, Sokołowski will arrive a bit later, in meantime, before OQT we will play few friendly matches, against Greece, Brazil, Croatia, New Zeland and Philippines. Before the tournament will began the team will be shortened to 12 players

KadraCzerwiec.png

Edited by rybak

:POL

Following 13, instead expected earlier 12 players, will play in friendly matches and OQT:

Aleksander Balcerowski, Panathinaikos Ateny (Greece)
Adrian Bogucki, WKS Śląsk Wrocław
Aleksander Dziewa, Hamburg Towers (Germany)
Andrzej Mazurczak, King Szczecin
Michał Michalak, PAOK Saloniki (Greece)
Igor Milicić, University of Tennessee (NCAA, USA)
Jakub Nizioł, WKS Śląsk Wrocław
Andrzej Pluta, Legia Warszawa
Mateusz Ponitka, Partizan Belgrad (Serbia)
AJ Slaughter, Casademont Saragossa (Spain)
Jeremy Sochan, San Antonio Spurs (NBA, USA)
Michał Sokołowski, Dinamo Banco di Sardegna Sassari (Italy)
Przemysław Żołnierewicz, King Szczecin