website statistics

Swimming at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

1 minute ago, Vektor said:

Fuck these Games. Seriously. 0.01s from the bronze. 0.02s from silver. The worst fucking 4th place of all time. We are cursed in Paris.

Nemeth wasn’t even expected to get anywhere near the medals. I get you’re disappointed with how well the Olympics has been going for Hungary so far but c’mon. 

Just now, Josh said:

Nemeth wasn’t even expected to get anywhere near the medals. I get you’re disappointed with how well the Olympics has been going for Hungary so far but c’mon. 

This was probably a once in a lifetime opportunity for a Hungarian medal in the 100 free. Németh is a WCh medalist in the event, we had a outside chance. It never goes our way here. Just watch the end of Norway v Hungary that we had today. This is Beijing all over again for Hungary. 

4 minutes ago, hckošice said:
Men's 100m Freestyle
Final Results

:CHN PAN Zhanle
46.40WR

:AUS Kyle CHALMERS

:ROU David POPOVICI

Full Final Results HERE

Have we done a doping test before calling it a world record?

3 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Going to quote our German friend here

"What a disgusting result" :sick:

That reminds me to ask @Sindo if it's somehow also possible to hide quotes with the otherwise amazing ignore function :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, Josh said:

Better end up actually nowhere near the medals than missing a historic one by a single hundredth of a second.. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, Vektor said:

This was probably a once in a lifetime opportunity for a Hungarian medal in the 100 free. Németh is a WCh medalist in the event, we had a outside chance. It never goes our way here. Just watch the end of Norway v Hungary that we had today. This is Beijing all over again for Hungary. 

World Championships bronze medalist in a depleted field. None of the top names were present. 

I get the disappointment being 0.01 off a medal, I’d feel the same way if it was one of our swimmers. Nemeth performed well, head up.  

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Better end up actually nowhere near the medals than missing a historic one by a single hundredth of a second.. 

That’s debatable. Some people are just happy with their placement and time, and don’t care about missing out on a medal.