website statistics

Wrestling at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

4 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

HUGE, Huge Shock, as :JPN Yui Susaki loses in the last 10 seconds to :IND Vinesh :yikes:

Last 6 secs magic. Conserving energy and turning defense into attack. :IND

All Indian experts were hoping for Bronze through Repechage route . Even they had arranged for broadcast and streaming scheduled in that way.

On 8/5/2024 at 1:08 PM, ChandlerMne said:

If its theoretically possible, it would be fair to invite Iran. Next best on the list is obvious choice. 

Taking the weight down is another issue but Iranian guys already coped with that, i am sure. 

16 is a nice number ;)

I just received the news that they gave the quota to Iran, they will try to send a wrestler but only if they can get a visa in 1 day !! not sure if that's possible

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

I just received the news that they gave the quota to Iran, they will try to send a wrestler but only if they can get a visa in 1 day !! not sure if that's possible

I believe that in cases of athletes competing at Games, procedures are faster than usual. Ofcourse, in case that diplomatic relations between Iran and France are good.

Anyhow, i will follow the outcome.

Some serbian media reported that Micic will be replaced by Azamat Tuskayev (Euro champ from 2020) but its a hoax based on some Instagram photos.

Good win bu Vinesh :IND Over Oksana Livach :UKR :thumbup:

The Susaki bout took a lot out of her physically & the Ukranian girl was really aggressive. Vinesh had nothing left in the tank for last 1 min but held on to win 7-5, having a superior first half of the bout. 

Now she can get some much needed rest before her SF starts. :clap:

38 minutes ago, tirtha22 said:

Italian women wrestler Liuzzi called at the last moment in Olympics and discovered that her weight is higher than the 50 kg category where she was scheduled to participate 

He had physical problems, the federation advised him not to even try to lose weight. She was brought to the games to enjoy the Olympic atmosphere, I think.