website statistics

Fencing at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

This is probably the last chance for these guys to win a major medal. they are all 30 or older

if Abedini didn't retire earlier we could have a better shot, our 3rd guy is simply not in this level and Pakdaman/Rahbari have to make up for him too. 

4th place is already a great result but hopefully they can go one step further this time :pope:

well, blowing up 8pts lead mostly against the reserve guy. this will be really hard to swallow. 

2021 Tokyo quarterfinal and now this.:( if I remember correctly we always had problems with this evil Bulgarian ref. never mind, what's done is done

not sure if they can pull it together for the bronze medal match, which will be another uphill task against the refs. I expect a big loss, it's near impossible to come back from this. looks like another 4th place in fencing and we have to wait another week for a medal. 

1 minute ago, Benolympique said:

still think that Europe is suffering in fencing, Hungary, Poland, France, Italy, we have never been in difficulty against emerging nations in this sport, you are European

without emerging nations this sport will be removed off the Olympics :dunno:

Bring back the 1991 borders

Silver was always the best case scenario in men's sabre so I will take this as a massive win. I doubt that we have any chance against Korea. They are as strong as ever and we struggled against Italy and Iran. I think it will be a one-sided final.