website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Olympic Qualifier 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

1 minute ago, nitinsanker said:

Do you feel that sudeep Or jaideep have a chance in tomorrow events? 

Sujeet had his chances today, I mean for a moment I thought he threw the Mongolian and jumped from my chair :d (unfortunately the Mongolian escaped it)

he has to win two matches tomorrow, the first one will be the hardest against Kudiev/Retherford , if he wins this, the next one will be 50/50 . Retherford will be the favorite IMO

as for Jaideep, he wins the 1st match, I think he has a chance against Demirtas. something like 40% and then if it's Valiev he can try to tire him down.

so in short I think they have a realastic chance but they are clearly not the favorite (or not even the 2nd favorite) to take it.

Just now, Gianlu33 said:

Honestly, it's a good result that she was in the Olympic Play-Off. I didn't expected nothing more, wasn't her duty qualify.

Problems are, we're left with O in wrestling for the first time in 100 years. And no one will remember that our not very talented girls fought nicely. The problem is that for us the ultimate dream is for one competitor to advance to the Olympic Games in 18 events...

1 minute ago, copravolley said:

Problems are, we're left with O in wrestling for the first time in 100 years. And no one will remember that our not very talented girls fought nicely. The problem is that for us the ultimate dream is for one competitor to advance to the Olympic Games in 18 events...

For years, Italian wrestling has been sustained by a few naturalized athletes and occasional sporadic successes. Honestly, I wasn't expecting much; we're in a comatose state.

1 minute ago, copravolley said:

Two, if we can have good girls in judo, why are we so low in wrestling? German women know how to fight.

because judo is mainly about technical skills (and we have some great coaches that can help our athletes transitioning from the youth to the senior ranks)

wrestling is a totally different beast (just the weight management is not in the heart of our youngsters and their families, let out when it comes down to the proper preparation, the building of a good wrestler)

2 minutes ago, phelps said:

a lucky draw, rather

however, don't underestimate Aurora Russo...she's talented, very talented (maybe still too unexperienced at this level, but the real problem is that we don't have any good coach that could help to develop her wrestling and improve up to becoming a consistent global medal candidate)

If Ukraine wasn't there, maybe, but unfortunately it will be a similar fight to Liuzzi from Stadnik. For our girls, such narrow QO are deadly.