2024_iihf_wwiiia_croatia_hor_col.png

Official Website 112255r04u4pz70n9mu99d.png
Programme 114826ez87b86sig8ubgz8.png
Results System 112255r04u4pz70n9mu99d.png
Results Database 160706oyh04y5y4bzsnssy.png
Facebook Page 000832qcaljaxz2cfx2jfq.png
Discussion Thread 160706oyh04y5y4bzsnssy.png
Edited by Sindo

As a reminder, NOCs which qualified one boat at the World Championships can only qualify one boat here, unless two boats finish first. The following nations fit this criteria:

:CHI:MEX 

Everyone else can qualify a maximum of two boats.

Posted (edited)

After the heats here's how the quota simulation is looking. Comparing between heats isn't a great idea plus some athletes might be resting, but it's fun to see where things stand.

M1x - :PAR:PER:VEN:URU:CUB 

LM2x - :ARG:BRA 

W1x - :BRA:MEX:ARG:PAR:CUB 

LW2x - :CHI:PER 

Mexico and Chile could have qualified in the men's single sculls, but the limit prevented them. As Brazil is currently second in both the M1x and LM2x I assume they want more athletes, but that may not be the case. If they go for the M1x the LM2x quota would go to Venezuela (leapfrogging Chile due to the limit).

Still lots of racing to go.

Edited by JoshMartini007

57 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

After the heats here's how the quota simulation is looking. Comparing between heats isn't a great idea plus some athletes might be resting, but it's fun to see where things stand.

M1x - :PAR:PER:VEN:URU:CUB 

LM2x - :ARG:BRA 

W1x - :BRA:MEX:ARG:PAR:CUB 

LW2x - :CHI:PER 

Mexico and Chile could have qualified in the men's single sculls, but the limit prevented them. As Brazil is currently second in both the M1x and LM2x I assume they want more athletes, but that may not be the case. If they go for the M1x the LM2x quota would go to Venezuela (leapfrogging Chile due to the limit).

Still lots of racing to go.

no chance Nicaragua and Salvador?

1 hour ago, JoshMartini007 said:

As Brazil is currently second in both the M1x and LM2x I assume they want more athletes, but that may not be the case.

For what its worth, I 'd be shocked if this scenario played out and Brazil didn't choose Lucas Verthein Ferreira over their lightweight double. Verthein Ferreira was 12th in Tokyo and 14th at last years world championships and they haven't selected a lightweight double at all this Olympic cycle other than panam games where they finished 4th as far as I am aware. He will almost certainly win here and this should just be a quirk of using heat times so this shouldn't end up mattering but it does have implications for the likes of :CUB and :DOM in the M1x and :VEN in the LM2x.

Also what happened to :URU's LM2x. Felipe Kluver Ferreira and Mauricio Lopez Berocay came 15th at worlds last year. Kluver Ferreira made 3 world cup finals in the LM1x and was under 23 world champion in that boat in 2022. With a bit of luck they made the Olympic final in Tokyo with Kluver Ferreira and Bruno Cetraro Berriolo who is now in the M1x. How are they finishing last in their heat here? Is their new man Franco Liuzzi that bad?

Could be the fact that they felt they couldn't win the race a decided to take it easy for the repechage. We'll see one way or another tomorrow.

M1x repechage results are in, :HON:COL:BOL:ESA:BAR fall to the C Final and are eliminated from Olympic contention.

13 hours ago, Ogreman said:

For what its worth, I 'd be shocked if this scenario played out and Brazil didn't choose Lucas Verthein Ferreira over their lightweight double. Verthein Ferreira was 12th in Tokyo and 14th at last years world championships and they haven't selected a lightweight double at all this Olympic cycle other than panam games where they finished 4th as far as I am aware. He will almost certainly win here and this should just be a quirk of using heat times so this shouldn't end up mattering but it does have implications for the likes of :CUB and :DOM in the M1x and :VEN in the LM2x.

Also what happened to :URU's LM2x. Felipe Kluver Ferreira and Mauricio Lopez Berocay came 15th at worlds last year. Kluver Ferreira made 3 world cup finals in the LM1x and was under 23 world champion in that boat in 2022. With a bit of luck they made the Olympic final in Tokyo with Kluver Ferreira and Bruno Cetraro Berriolo who is now in the M1x. How are they finishing last in their heat here? Is their new man Franco Liuzzi that bad?

Brazil has an internal ruling to determine their boats qualified if it happens that more than 2 qualify:

1- Highest ranking on the A final

2a- if they are both 1st: the percentage to the WR

2b-if they don't finish 1st: the lowest time difference to the boat that won the race. if it is the same, than 2a is applied.