website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2024

14 hours ago, Federer91 said:

Guess i will probably make time this edition, so i will join. 

I couldn't cope with Bulgaria withdrawing from both ESC and TISC :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

:INA Mahalini - Sial (Bad Luck) :INA

[English translation available on CC of the video]

Ni Luh Ketut Mahalini is a singer from Bali who is trending among young listeners in Indonesia. Her songs about love extremely popular, with four of them gathering over 100 million streams on Spotify (including this song). She placed fifth in the 10th season of Indonesian Idol held in 2019.

You know I like to use this contest to share a little bit of my country, and for this year i want to show you what I think is the less known part of Portugal.

After our dictatorship ended in the 70s, and the end of the war, Portugal had as one of it's biggest immigrant communities the ones from our ex-colonies in Africa (Cape Verde, Angola, Mozambique and Guiné-Bissau). This people went to live mainly on the suburbs cities of Lisbon, where you could easily hear as much crioulo as portuguese language in the streets. 

One of such cities is my hometown, Amadora, where i grew up and studied, with many of my friends and school colleagues being portuguese but from cape verde or angola ancestry. And among them was this girl, now a woman, who this year I surprisedly found out that she had became a famous singer in Cape Verde!

Therefore, for this year TISC, a true african sound will be part of the show, with a song in :CPV Crioulo about Cape Verde, representing that part of Portugal, unknown to all the tourists, from where I am from and from which I have many good memories!  

:POR Soraia Ramos - Nha Terra :POR

🇦🇴🇧🇷🇲🇿🇵🇹🇨🇻🇬🇼🇸🇹🇹🇱