website statistics

Men's Field Hockey FIH Olympic Qualification Tournaments 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

3 hours ago, Nickyc707 said:

I think you have Ice Hockey way to high.

Maybe, maybe not. Your comment is nonsensical, but that isn't 100 % your fault. I didn't provide a "metric" to measure the popularity. In the end the ranking depends on the "metric" we use and i think it will be difficult to agree on a "metric". You could for example look at the tv ratings, the number of followers on Instagram or the money the top stars in each sport make. I think the top stars in ice hockey make clearly more money than the top stars in handball/volleyball/rugby, but maybe i am wrong.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

No ice, no fun :d

Not that Canada is any better in Bandy.

(I’d argue Lacrosse is closer to “ice hockey on a field” than field hockey, esp the Olympic format, and ofc Bandy is almost literally Field Hockey on ice).

16 minutes ago, NearPup said:

(I’d argue Lacrosse is closer to “ice hockey on a field” than field hockey, esp the Olympic format, and ofc Bandy is almost literally Field Hockey on ice).

The latter two are also "football with sticks".

The way I see it, the difference between these "families" is "people who actually want to pass a ball" vs "people who want to beat up other people":p

Another goal for Chile, Jose Maldonado scores in the 28th minute. 

At halftime :CHI lead :CAN 2-1

Still a long way to go, but doesn’t look like Canada will be qualifying for Paris in field hockey. :cry:

Edited by Josh

3-1 :CHI over :CAN after a second goal of the game for Jose Maldonado in the 44th minute. 

This essentially is a must win, our GD is so terrible that there’s no chance we make it up, a tie would mean our chances are over. 

Edited by Josh

Gordon Johnson with his second penalty corner goal of the game in the 58th minute! :CHI lead :CAN 3-2 now. 

Update: Despite many penalty corners in the last few minutes, Canada fall 3-2 to Chile and are eliminated from Olympic contention

Edited by Josh

17 hours ago, NearPup said:

Lacrosse strikes me as closer in spirit to hurling than some of the other 'hockey' family sports - the physicality, challenge in the air, etc... - whereas Shinty is much closer to field hockey