website statistics

Tennis ITF Australian Open 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Yes, Novak was well beyond his level in the first two sets; however, Sinner played so good, served amazingly well and no any break chance for Novak says it all. Well played. I had predicted Sinner winning over Djokovic in the semis. Whether it is indeed a final decline from Novak or not, this year is going to be bumpy and with more losses than usual. I also highly doubt he'll win another slam too, cause young guy are becoming more consistent and with Alcaraz, Sinner, Medvedev, Zverev and occasionally Rune, Tsitsipas, why not Rublev too, maybe 11th time is a charm!, with potential new names, it is hard to get easy draw.

Hopefully Sinner wins the title, it has been amazing last couple of months for him :cheer:

Meanwhile, very exciting first set between Meddy and Zverev 

@Wanderer I’m sure you were probably watching, but if you weren’t :CAN:NZL Gaby Dabrowski/Erin Routliffe lost 7-5, 7-5 to :UKR:LAT Lyudmyla Kichenok/Jelena Ostapenko in the women’s doubles semifinals :cry::cry:

They were 5-3 up in both sets, but dropped 4 consecutive games in each as well (even had a BP at 5-6 in the second set but couldn’t convert)

3 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Whether it is indeed a final decline from Novak or not, this year is going to be bumpy and with more losses than usual. I also highly doubt he'll win another slam too, cause young guy are becoming more consistent and with Alcaraz, Sinner, Medvedev, Zverev and occasionally Rune, Tsitsipas, why not Rublev too, maybe 11th time is a charm!, with potential new names, it is hard to get easy draw.

He loses matches (and slam matches) every year, I think you’re overreacting to this loss IMO. He won three slams last year (including the last two at Wimbledon and US Open) and although Alcaraz and Sinner will be tough challenges (maybe also Nadal if he can get the proper treatment for his hip, and return to form) I don’t see Medvedev, Zverev, Rune, Tsitsipas, and Rublev being able to challenge him. Maybe if he plays like he did today, but that rarely ever happens. 

Edited by Josh

Sinner beating Djokovic :hyper: 

What a fantastic match by him, very well deserved finalist :bowdown: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, dullard said:

Djokovic hadn't lost a match at AO in six years until today. Now please don't flop in the final Sinner.

2195 days: exactly the same amount of time Nole took to lose a match in Wimbledon, when last year he went down to Alcaraz :yikes:

moreover, Sinner is only the 3rd player to have won at least 1 match vs Nole in all the 3 main categories of tournaments (Slams, Davis Cup and ATP Finals): the other 2 are Federer and Nadal

not that it wasn't expected, but the whole :ITA has gone crazy for Jannik

if Discovery Media decides to broadcast the final on a FTA channel (which is not granted at all, they might use this to enforce their paid service), record breaking audience is expected, of course

13 minutes ago, vlad said:

How on Earth can Medvedev come back from 0-2 so many times against top players:yikes::yes

It's not that hard when u play against Zverev who always chokes in big moments , but Medvedev himself suffered from a very hard defeat the same way against Nadal in AO 2022 Final