website statistics

Athletics 2024 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

5 minutes ago, Josh said:

Oh for sure. 

But unless she gets injured/ill before or during the Olympics, I don’t see that happening. She’s what you would call “the perfect example of consistency” in the sport of athletics. 

Or tests positive for Doping baring in mind who her coach is. 

Also keep in mind it was in La-Chaux-de-Fonds, which is kind of the European equivalent of :USA Eugene and :RUS Cheboksary in terms of magical performances :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, Faramir said:

McLaughlin and head to head meetings? I'd be surprised if they had many :whistle:

She doesn’t compete much, you’re right. But they’ve raced against each other multiple times before, and each time McLaughlin has came out on top. Nothing to suggest that in Paris things will be any different. Obviously I’m not ruling Bol out though. 

An odd little story.

While World Athletics still recognize Flo Jo as the 100m world record holder, athletics statisticians have withdrawn their recognition for the reasons stated below

In my memory Bol and McLaughlin only met twice in a 400 meter hurdles run. In the final of the Tokyo Olympics and in the final of the World Championships 2022. Both occassions McLaughlin was way faster, that will happen in Paris too. But who knows, Bol can surprise maybe. Let's hope.

All athletes run PB's, NR's and SB's in Chaux-la-Fonds today. Don't know what's in the air there today, but the conditions are very fast!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Also keep in mind it was in La-Chaux-de-Fonds, which is kind of the European equivalent of :USA Eugene and :RUS Cheboksary in terms of magical performances :p 

So much so that :GBR no longer accepts times set there for Qualification purposes.

In that meeting, in La Chaux-de-Fonds, :POL Pia Skrzyszowska reached 12.37 in 100m hurdles, missing equaling national record about 0,01 seconds :yikes: It's worth to mention that Polish national record remain unbeaten since 1980...