website statistics

Triathlon WT World Championship Series 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Posted (edited)

There’s a 26 women kopgroep (as we say in English) away in the Cagliari race, so if you ain’t in it, you’re in trouble.  :USA Summer Rappoport an early victim & withdraws.  All five :GBRs are safe.  Also :BER.

Edited by Grassmarket

Fascinating finale, in its own right and for Paris. Beaugrande finally wins an Olympic length race. Tertsch has a fantastic result, notwithstanding being one of the most awkward looking runners i've seen in a while - certainly has the power but no finesse, and looks like a clash/fall risk to anyone within 4 foot of her. Potter will be happy enough, had a lot less on the line than Beaugrande.

Of the other Brits, Coldwell ran herself into near coma to keep out Waugh, Waugh may need to wait for LA now. GTB will be, I think, very happy with that comeback race - she's certainly close to where she needs to be than Duffy, though I never rule out the Bermudan, ever. Interesting that the winner of the last race, Pierrault, had an absolute mare. As the depth increases, perhaps its getting harder and harder to string races together.

:ITA WTCS - Cagliari  :ITA 

Men's Elite:

1.) :GBR Alex Yee

2.) :NZL Hayden Wilde

3.) :HUN Csongor Lehmann

Women's Elite:

1.) :FRA Cassandre Beaugrand

2.) :GER Lisa Tertsch

3.) :GBR Beth Potter

6 hours ago, mpjmcevoy said:

Fascinating finale, in its own right and for Paris. Beaugrande finally wins an Olympic length race. Tertsch has a fantastic result, notwithstanding being one of the most awkward looking runners i've seen in a while - certainly has the power but no finesse, and looks like a clash/fall risk to anyone within 4 foot of her. Potter will be happy enough, had a lot less on the line than Beaugrande.

Of the other Brits, Coldwell ran herself into near coma to keep out Waugh, Waugh may need to wait for LA now. GTB will be, I think, very happy with that comeback race - she's certainly close to where she needs to be than Duffy, though I never rule out the Bermudan, ever. Interesting that the winner of the last race, Pierrault, had an absolute mare. As the depth increases, perhaps its getting harder and harder to string races together.

Periault and Beaugrand :image: