website statistics

Track Cycling UCI Nations Cup 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

13 minutes ago, rybak said:

If I read that correctly, (and by read it, I mean Google translated it correctly) there is budget allocated by central government for cycling as elite sport and applications for support can be submitted and approved by the minister. 

Does that mean that the Polish track cycling team applied for financial support and were rejected?

7 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

If I read that correctly, (and by read it, I mean Google translated it correctly) there is budget allocated by central government for cycling as elite sport and applications for support can be submitted and approved by the minister. 

Does that mean that the Polish track cycling team applied for financial support and were rejected?

https://sport.tvp.pl/76615471/polacy-ni ... -pieniedzy 

Still is a huge problem to give that money.

President Makowski emphasized that so far there have been no talks between union representatives and the Minister of Sport, Sławomir Nitras, and the dialogue takes place via the media. He also noted that only on March 22, on the occasion of the 100th day of the government, the ministry presented a program to support bicycle riding, which shows that the recruitment of applications for its implementation lasts until March 29, and the decision will be made by April 5. So a week before the track team leaves for Canada

– This is the time when plane tickets and hotels should have been paid for long ago. I don't know if we can make it happen. We are looking for other possibilities, Makowski mentioned.

Referring to Minister Nitras' statement that PZKol activists should "get their shit together", Makowski replied: - We don't need to be additionally motivated. We only needed a little help in obtaining ministerial funds to finance elite national staff.

• 3 weeks later...