website statistics

Weightlifting at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

vlad

On 8/4/2016 at 11:01, OlympicsFan said:

What about Pulsabsakul in womens +75kg and Mosquera in mens -62kg, they both arent on the entry list?

Mosquera is injured, that's my bad for failing to have the list for the contest changed in time.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, MHSN said:

Weightlifting Start list

http://www.iwf.net/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2016/08/StarListPackage_GT.pdf

I'm a bit surprised by some very high entries.

Those entries can still change, right? I mean, it doesn't mean so much if I paid attention on Totallympics good enough in the past two years? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 guys entering with 450kg in the superheavyweights :d 

Edited by heywoodu

56 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Those entries can still change, right? I mean, it doesn't mean so much if I paid attention on Totallympics good enough in the past two years? :p 

no this is the final list

these entries are important because they determined the groups (A or B) with them. but for example if you post 450kg as your entry, the total number of your first Snatch and CJ attempts must not be lesser than 430kg. means 20kg less than the entry (15kg for women)

countries have different strategies here, some post their 1st attempts + 20. some of them just give big numbers to scare the rest. China simply only enters something to be in Group A.

20 minutes ago, MHSN said:

no this is the final list

these entries are important because they determined the groups (A or B) with them. but for example if you post 450kg as your entry, the total number of your first Snatch and CJ attempts must not be lesser than 430kg. means 20kg less than the entry (15kg for women)

countries have different strategies here, some post their 1st attempts + 20. some of them just give big numbers to scare the rest. China simply only enters something to be in Group A.

Thanks, so what we know for certain is that the first attempts in snatch and CJ will have a combined total of somewhere between (entry weight minus 20/15kg) and the entry weight itself.

I forgot about that rule, but remember it now, thanks :) 

Weightlifting time :clap:

https://www.rio2016.com/en/weightlifting-womens-48kg-group-a

This is hell...

IWF scoreboard doesn't seem to be working here :( 

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

https://www.rio2016.com/en/weightlifting-womens-48kg-group-a

This is hell...

IWF scoreboard doesn't seem to be working here :( 

It works, but you have to click on + to see how much an athlete lifted. I guess only total weight will be shown without clicking on +

#banbestmen