website statistics

What Sports You will Add if Your Country Hosts Olympic Games

El Analyzer

4 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

ah yes well I didn't understand the question! I thought it was personal desires

I believe we have a thread for that as well, but I'm too lazy to find it right now :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Cricket and Squash will be on permanent program I believe. Skateboarding and Artistic Swimming out along with many other events.

So added events 

1. Billiards

2.Rollball

3. Mallkhamb

4. Yogasana

5. Lagori

If allowed team events in shooting and compound archery must even at the expense of some of the above sports

18 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

ah yes well I didn't understand the question! I thought it was personal desires

You understood well, it's just that the title is ambiguous: it says "you will add if your country hosts" (which could be interpreted as if you were personally in charge of the decision) when I think the intention was to say "what sports do you think your country would add if they were to host".

7 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Cricket and Squash will be on permanent program I believe. Skateboarding and Artistic Swimming out along with many other events.

So added events 

1. Billiards

2.Rollball

3. Mallkhamb

4. Yogasana

5. Lagori

If allowed team events in shooting and compound archery must even at the expense of some of the above sports

The Sport I was referring to Rollball. 

12 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

So added events 

1. Billiards

2.Rollball

3. Mallkhamb

4. Yogasana

5. Lagori

I’d be down for the inclusion of compound archery :d

But don’t see the IOC removing skateboarding/artistic swimming from the Olympic programme. If artistic swimming does get axed though :cheer::cheer:

Going by the assumption that Squash has a decent chance of part of the core programme once it gets in, here are my top 3 for :GBR:

1. Darts (not on the list)

2. Billiards (there would be some sort of deal to let top snooker and potentially pool players play) 

3. Netball

If we were to host again, I think the main focus would be to integrate "pub sports". Darts, similar to squash, has a large international appeal and would be one of the top revenue earners at the games. There is a slight lack of depth in the women's game for a 64 player field as well as a trans issue, but when the time comes for us to host again this should hopefully not be too much of a problem. The main problem though is the relationship between the amateur and the professional game, which is at an all time low. But if there's a strong urge for darts to be included, I'm sure the PDC would be able to enter a loose partnership with the WDF. 

35 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

If :INA Get it

1. Pencak Silat (20 golds) 

2. Sepaktakraw 

3. Wushu

4. Badminton - men's triples, women's triples, men's team, women's team, mixed team, mixed team relay, super mixed team, beach Badminton, water Badminton, Badminton on grass, Badminton on clay, Badminton on asphalt, badminton played on a speed climbing wall, badminton played on a pancake silat mat with contact allowed...

How am I doing @Griff88:p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela