website statistics

Equestrian at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

dcro

Looks like the mess about Canadian dressage selections is still not over. Remember, the story was that Canadian judge Elizabeth McMullen gave higer scores to Megan Lane (and Chris von Martels) so that they can overtake Karen Pavicic in Olympic selection rankings.

At the heart of the case is a statement allegedly made by Elizabeth McMullen, president of the ground jury at the event, to a retired judge: “I marked those two (Lane and [Chris] Von Martels) up to knock Karen Pavicic out, as I don’t like her horse’s contact and do not want her going to Rio.”

Karen finished behind Megan in selection rankings by the tiniest of margins.

http://www.dressage-news.com/?p=37401

My comment: That cow should be banned forever!

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

We'll take a look at few memorable Olympic performances while doing a countdown to Rio (8 days to go btw :p). 

We start with Nicole Uphoff (GER) and her legendary horse Rembrandt, and their individual gold medal winning performance from the 1992 Olympics. This was the fourth Olympic gold medal for this combination. Although Nicole was only 25 at the time, she decided to end her competitive career quite early for a dressage rider (1996 Olympics were her last big competition).

Nicole & Rembrandt were often described as a "living work of art", and you can very much see why is that in this video.

#banbestmen

30 minutes ago, Agger said:

@dcro Do you have any predictions on how our talen, Cathrine Dufour will do? She posted some pretty impressive scores at the Danish Championships :)

Yes, she is very good but unfortunately her horse Cassidy can get "hot" in front of big crowds. Such thing happened in Aachen this month when they got "only" 71% (there's more in the bag for them).

Deodoro arena should be less intimidating than Aachen, so hopefully she'll be able to show her potential. On a good day she should get technical score of 76-77% I think, what is a very good standard. But, yeah, because of Cassidy's hotness her scores are harder to predict (within the last year her scores ranged from 64% to 79%).

#banbestmen

42 minutes ago, dcro said:

Yes, she is very good but unfortunately her horse Cassidy can get "hot" in front of big crowds. Such thing happened in Aachen this month when they got "only" 71% (there's more in the bag for them).

Deodoro arena should be less intimidating than Aachen, so hopefully she'll be able to show her potential. On a good day she should get technical score of 76-77% I think, what is a very good standard. But, yeah, because of Cassidy's hotness her scores are harder to predict (within the last year her scores ranged from 64% to 79%).

Thanks. Didn't know about that :)

10 minutes ago, dcro said:

I remembered this video about her from last year. Interesting how she says that Olympics seem so distant to her. :d

Well, she said to Danish Media that she only believed in it after the Danish Championships 

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

Kathryn Robinson to replace Selena O'Hanlon on Canada's eventing team

I'm kinda glad for Kathryn. It turned out that she was initially on team but then lost her place to Jessica Phoenix after an appeal.

#banbestmen