website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

1 hour ago, phelps said:

finally, it looks that in Nice we have 3 deaths (1 beheaded) and 1 severely hurt people (plus a few other minor injuries)...

the killer was indeed another crazy idiot using Islamic religion to justify his crimes...

And in Lyon an Afghan man was arrested after threatening people with a large knife, while in another French city (I forgot where) someone threatened to attack police officers with a knife. What a day, somehow it feels like a matter of time to have something much bigger than this coming up again.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, ChandlerMne said:

I respect islam but this... it is huge treat to european values. It has to be stoped immediately. If someone cant accept Europe than should stay at his/her birthplace.

Well yeah, I don't think any sane person disagrees that cutting throats and such has to be stopped immdiately :p 

Of course the usual far-right politicians have already used the opportunity to yell their 'Kick Islam and everything around it out of Europe' default stuff.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

And in Lyon an Afghan man was arrested after threatening people with a large knife, while in another French city (I forgot where) someone threatened to attack police officers with a knife. What a day, somehow it feels like a matter of time to have something much bigger than this coming up again.

it was in Avignone...

surely Charly Hebdo's irreverent cartoons and the fight between Macron and Erdogan have paved the way for many of these attacks by these brainless people who can be easily manipulated with hate speeches on this theme...

I also have the feeling that we're gonna see more of this sh*t very soon, unfortunately...:facepalm:

3 minutes ago, phelps said:

it was in Avignone...

surely Charly Hebdo's irreverent cartoons and the fight between Macron and Erdogan have paved the way for many of these attacks by these brainless people who can be easily manipulated with hate speeches on this theme...

I also have the feeling that we're gonna see more of this sh*t very soon, unfortunately...:facepalm:

You get into difficulties very quickly if you blur the line between victims & criminals.

Islam won't back off. France's "secular values" mean shit to them. Of course there will be more murders like that and in 20 years time we will barely shrug shoulders over this like with these mass shootings in USA. France's society seems more afraid of Marine Le Pen than Islamist terrorists anyway :p

44 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

I respect islam but this... it is huge treat to european values.

Come to the Politics Thread and see, how catholic fundamentalism led people to the streets in the middle of pandemic.

It's not islam or cathloicism, which is a threat. It's not even religion itself. It's fundamentalism. Any fundamentalism - either religious, or political, or national or any other.

21 minutes ago, phelps said:

it was in Avignone...

Erdogan is an opportunist who uses every singly opportunity to pursue the dream of becoming the muslim world leader ! I know he is very unpopular in this forum :p but I used to like him, he is showing his true color slowly though. still I prefer him over most of Muslim World rulers/dictators.

I rarely comment or judge on other countries internal affairs. but I think France (and specially Macron) could handle this much better. if it was in Canada for example I wouldn't expect Trodeau to say such things. New Zealand handled a deadly terrorist attack for example without creating more hatred.

I don't believe in any religion myself. and I might say lots of things when I'm talking with my friends about religions but I think it's not really hard to not disrespect religions in public. for some people it's a matter of life and death. and as you said they are easy to manipulate.

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Well yeah, I don't think any sane person disagrees that cutting throats and such has to be stopped immdiately :p 

Of course the usual far-right politicians have already used the opportunity to yell their 'Kick Islam and everything around it out of Europe' default stuff.

I dont like far right politics anyway. It usually brings nothing but suffering.

In this particular case, i strongly support Macron view. I practice christianity. Should i cut throats of black metal musicians who use desecration as fundamental part of their image? I dont like it and thats it. I do think that some of them are imbecils and i draw line there. 

On the other hand, some France born Chechen will travel 200 km just to cut throat of some profesor who thought that freedom of expression is european value. I know many muslims, majority of them are completely "normal", they are living normal lives, same as you and I. Problem are those 1% extremists.