website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

After years of failed attempts (because I started too enthousiastic and then got injured within a week or 2-3 and waited a year to try again) I finally managed to run 5km today without starting to walk :cheer: 

In all those years that was my first goal, and to do so within 30:00 minutes....finally I ran 5km and I even did so in 27:55 :woohoo:

On to 10km! :d 

Spoiler

sq5T3H9.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

After years of failed attempts (because I started too enthousiastic and then got injured within a week or 2-3 and waited a year to try again) I finally managed to run 5km today without starting to walk :cheer: 

In all those years that was my first goal, and to do so within 30:00 minutes....finally I ran 5km and I even did so in 27:55 :woohoo:

Reveal hidden contents

sq5T3H9.png

Sub-4 hours marathon pace. When will you do a marathon? :d

#banbestmen

36 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Hide contents

sq5T3H9.png

My longest distance is 12km in 2016. Last year only 8km, and this I was so lazy I barely managed to run 6km for 30min. I do dream to run at least half marathon one day (until I get much older, obviously :d)

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Sub-4 hours marathon pace. When will you do a marathon? :d

When does the Marathon des Sables start?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Reveal hidden contents

sq5T3H9.png

Had no problems doing 5 km on treadmill during the early spring but after going outside I've had so much problems. Going slowly now to hopefully start running again in September.

My target (the "sprint" exercise race at the World cross country championships) is getting closer and I'm still struggling.