website statistics

Commonwealth Games 2022

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

Welp, that was a weak PV final. Silver and bronze medalists bomb out at 4.50.

Was just thinking that must be the shortest PV final in athletics history.

Good that officials are allowing athletes to celebrate with their family, doesn’t always happen..

Taylor :BAH gets into the men’s 50m free final. :SGP:TTO in as well. Probably the most diverse swimming final of the Games.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, dcro said:

Barshim-Tamberi is an ugly, ugly precedent.

Still one of the my favorite moments from Tokyo. I don’t think we’ll ever see eye to eye on that one. 

Kennedy :AUS got over at 4.60m by the way. I believe she’s going to make an attempt at the GR.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

8 minutes ago, dcro said:

With all due respect to the discus finalists here, this is probably how the :GDR U12 championships played out back in the day of 74 m throws. :p

With the exception of a few individuals, the Commonwealth Nations aren't too good in field events (minus long and triple jump).

2 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

With the exception of a few individuals, the Commonwealth Nations aren't too good in field events (minus long and triple jump).

The last three (at least) Olympic gold medalists and current world champion in the men’s javelin are from the Commonwealth. 

There are definitely weak events across the Commonwealth though.