website statistics

Pan American Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

We used to joke about Brazil at the Olympics calling it "Bronzil" given the high number of bronze medals we won compared to the others. Now at the Pan American Games maybe we should change to "Pratil" because the number of silver (prata) medals have been far too much.

Spoiler

Maybe one day we'll finally be "Ouril"... :pope:

3 minutes ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

Anyone else feel like the pacing of the swim sessions has been reeeeeeeallly slow? One B + A final (including long introductions) followed by 10 minutes of medal ceremonies

That's the downside of having B finals, which are not as exciting as the semifinals we have in world competitions.

34 minutes ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

Anyone else feel like the pacing of the swim sessions has been reeeeeeeallly slow? One B + A final (including long introductions) followed by 10 minutes of medal ceremonies

I've been following along on the live scores and its excruciatingly slow. 

36 minutes ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

In the Brazilian transmission they explained that. The organization decided to prolong the gap between the events, giving some time to make the processes in a good way

I find it really hard to follow the all-around competition when I’m even the slightest bit tired. There’s just too much going on in that event.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Andrés Fernandez (:GUA) Modern Pentatlhon, qualifies for Paris 2024 

Kevin Cordón (:GUA) Badminton, qualifies to semifinals and has earned his 5th individual medal in Badminton 2 golds, 1 silver, 1 bronze and ??? in 5 Panamerican games.

Doubles Women Racquetball (:GUA) wins semifinal and will play tomorrow against  :ARG  for gold

3 minutes ago, hoversaBR said:

I honestly didn't understand what happened in Flavia Saraiva's floor performance... :question:

She's visibly tired, I'm glad they didn't put Rebeca in AA, it could have been a disaster.

Anyway, while this was happening, Brazil won a bronze medal in Diving, which is great since I thought we would leave empty-handed in this sport :yes