website statistics

Pan American Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, intoronto said:

I wonder if cricket will be held in Colombia?

Or lacrosse :evil:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

It is a shame PanamSports doesn’t want to include anymore non-Olympic sports because a fistball tournament would be feasible, cheap, and interesting (outside of Brazil winning a near guaranteed gold medal).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 minutes ago, Laraja said:

@Olympian1010 another victory in Baseball, now against Cuba... I am already delusional, we are going to win gold medal at LA

:CUB could be out of medal contention depending what happens in the other match.

:BRA is indeed having a good tournament.

Longoria :MEX won the women’s singles event in racquetball. Raise your hand if you’re surprised :p

I hope she gets the acclaim she deserves in Mexico @mrv86

Edited by Olympian1010

I'm not sure how much power the host nation has in choosing the optional sports. I feel most of the optional sports would be safe in Colombia 2027 except basque pelota and breaking if WorldDance stops developing it.

Baseball/Softball and squash are very safe since they will be at the 2028 Olympics. Bowling, karate and an expanded roller sports program feel safe to me given Colombia's participation and results in those sports. That leaves racquetball and water skiing as the most at risk sports if the host nation wants to tighten things up.

As for the other three new Olympic sports (cricket, flag football and lacrosse), I don't really see any of them participating. The only reason would be if Pan Am Sports wants to make the Pan Am Games the continental qualifier, but if Colombia gets to pick I imagine they would leave the three out.

Edited by JoshMartini007

I present the new flag of Mexico according to the track cycling commentator: :COL

59 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Racquetball for sure.

All non-Olympic racket sports really :p Brazil has no interest in Basque Pelota and Squash (although this one is safe). In Rio 2007 both Racquetball and Basque Pelota were excluded, and Futsal was added (the only time this tournament was held).

For better or worse, our programme is heavily focused on Olympic sports, and the non-Olympic sports that Brazil is good are absent here.