website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

44 Cases confirmed in :SVK (+12 Today !)

Prime minister just said they are considering even stricter measures !!! I can not even imagine what they can invent more..tomorrow is schedulled another special crisis meeting where he is considering to ask for even stricter measure, journalists shared rumors like complete close of stores in the country (except food, medicine and drugstores) Complete close of bars, pubs and public restaurants...Since yesterday we heard a lot of cases of angry foreigners in our borders, poor foreigners who didn´t know about our measures  they were stopped by the police at the border and sent back one by one, remember who does not have SVK citizenship, or valid license for permanent residence or less than 60 days temporary residence in Slovakia is not allowed to enter the country :facepalm:

11 minutes ago, up and down said:

Yes I heard about this and got a shock of my life. Coronavirus among the spectators. All the spectators sat so near to each other and virus could already spread from there. Not to mention we have spectators from various different countries aroudn the world watching there. Worse still we also have coaches and players from various different countries playing in All England too. It would have been a big mess if Coronavirus spread out in this All England tournament. Wonder why this is even allowed at the very first place. This tournament should have been called off or cancelled.

UK has a pretty different take on what to do about the virus, but even with that, people who are infected should stay at home, from what I remember.

I don't think any of us can say if it's the right or wrong way (can't really say that I'm convinced by their ideas, but I'm not the right one to say anything there).

But I strongly agree that it shouldn't have taken place, but that's on the conscience of the BWF (and the other federations who keep going).

11 minutes ago, Agger said:

Trump is saying that California has done terrific! 
What will happen to @Olympian1010 now? :yikes:

My brain just melted from reading this.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, Agger said:

UK has a pretty different take on what to do about the virus, but even with that, people who are infected should stay at home, from what I remember.

I don't think any of us can say if it's the right or wrong way (can't really say that I'm convinced by their ideas, but I'm not the right one to say anything there).

But I strongly agree that it shouldn't have taken place, but that's on the conscience of the BWF (and the other federations who keep going).

Yes you are right. Then right now we have 3 specators with Coronavirus in the stadium. What a big mess this is. News already spread out. So all the players and coaches who have lost in the ealier rounds immediately flew back to their country upon their match is over.

10 minutes ago, Agger said:

Now Birmingham whereby the All England tournament is being held even have coronavirus patient who have died there. So in this case how come the All England tournament is held as usual? ISn't it very dangerous?

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/health/2020/03/14/wolverhampton-and-birmingham-coronavirus-patients-die-as-uk-death-toll-doubles/

Wolverhampton and Birmingham coronavirus patients die as UK death toll doubles

Patients in Wolverhampton and Birmingham are among the 10 latest coronavirus deaths to be confirmed as the UK death toll rose to 21.

All 10 were over 60 and had underlying health conditions, NHS England said.

The local patients who died were men aged in their 80s and were being treated at New Cross Hospital in Wolverhampton and City Hospital in Birmingham.

It means four coronavirus patients have died in the Black Country and Birmingham: Two in Wolverhampton, one in Dudley and one in Birmingham.

Meanwhile the first case of coronavirus in the Sandwell borough has been confirmed as the number of confirmed cases in the UK rose from 798 on Friday to 1,140 on Saturday.

Coronavirus updates:
Elderly men from Wolverhampton and Birmingham are among 10 new coronavirus deaths confirmed today.

Out of 21 UK deaths, four have been in the Black Country and Birmingham.
The UK death toll has risen from 11 to 21 in one day, while the number of confirmed cases has risen from 798 to 1,140.

Sandwell's first Covid-19 diagnosed was confirmed today.

Visits are being restricted at many hospitals across the Black Country and Staffordshire.
UK is set to ban mass gatherings after criticism of the Government.

Donald Trump has said the UK could be added to the list of European countries included in the US travel ban.
The London Marathon, scheduled to take place on April 26, has been postponed until October 4.
Premier League and Football League among long list of sporting tournaments put on hold.
Apple has closed all of its stores outside China.

Jet2 has cancelled all flights to Spain, where the death toll has reached 120.
Professor Chris Whitty, chief medical officer for England, said: "I am sorry to confirm 10 further patients who have tested positive for Covid-19 in England have died.

"All 10 individuals were in the at risk groups. I understand this increase in the number of deaths linked to Covid-19 will be a cause for concern for many.

"The public should know every measure we are taking is seeking to save lives and protect the most vulnerable.
"Every single one of us has a role to play in achieving this. If you have a new continuous cough or high temperature, please stay at home for seven days.

"I also encourage everyone to be washing their hands for 20 seconds regularly.

"I offer my sincere condolences to the families and friends who have received this difficult news. I ask that their privacy is respected at this time."

A Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust spokesperson said: "Sadly, we can confirm that a man who was being cared for at New Cross Hospital, and had tested positive for COVID-19, has died.

"The patient, was in his 80s and had underlying health conditions.

"His family has been informed and our thoughts and condolences are with them at this difficult and distressing time.

"The media are asked to respect the wishes of the families, and the interests of staff at the hospital to avoid any disruption to operational services."

A Sandwell & West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust spokesperson said: "Sadly, we can confirm that a man who was being cared for at City Hospital, and had tested positive for COVID-19, has died.

"The patient, was in his mid 80s and had underlying health conditions.

"His family have been informed and our thoughts and condolences are with them at this difficult and distressing time."

Sandwell and Walsall cases confirmed
Sandwell's first case of coronavirus was confirmed on Saturday, meaning every borough in the Black Country now has diagnosed patients after Walsall's first two cases were confirmed on Friday.

Lisa McNally, Director of Public Health for Sandwell, said: “I’d like to reassure people that we are working with health partners at a regional and national level to do everything we can to stop the virus spreading and ensure the people of Sandwell are protected.

“It's really important that everyone follows the latest guidance announced on Thursday about staying at home if you show even the slightest symptoms of coronavirus.

"For most people who get coronavirus, it will be a mild infection, but we all have a role to play in protecting the most vulnerable people in society.

“Good hygiene is the best prevention and there are some simple steps you can take to protect you and your family by washing your hands regularly and thoroughly using soap and water for at least 20 seconds at a time and, if you cough, to cover your mouth and nose with a tissue and dispose of it immediately.”

It comes as plans get under way to ban mass gatherings from next week as the Government looks to implement more extreme measures in the fight against Covid-19.

Emergency measures
Boris Johnson had faced criticism for not taking such actions, despite similar steps being taken by other European countries as the pandemic worsens.

Emergency legislation bringing in beefed-up powers will be published next week and there could also be a move towards more people working from home, a Whitehall source said.

Meanwhile, a newborn baby in England who has tested positive for coronavirus is likely to be one of the world’s youngest patients with the disease.

The infant and its mother both tested positive at a north London hospital and staff who had contact with the pair have been advised to self-isolate.

Care minister Helen Whately said the evidence was that children were less at risk compared to older people or those with underlying health conditions.

“But my thoughts are completely with the family of the baby because it must be truly really worrying when you have a newborn baby that’s ill,” she told ITV News.

Edited by up and down

5 minutes ago, up and down said:

Yes you are right. Then right now we have 3 specators with Coronavirus in the stadium. What a big mess this is. News already spread out. So all the players and coaches who have lost in the ealier rounds immediately flew back to their country upon their match is over.

Do you have a source on it? Haven't been able to find anything, but I haven't been watching the last couple of hours of the early session.

10 minutes ago, Agger said:

Do you have a source on it? Haven't been able to find anything, but I haven't been watching the last couple of hours of the early session.

I do not have the proos to post it hear. It is just hearsay from somewhere.

11 minutes ago, Agger said:

太危险了!全英赛现场发现三名观众疑似新冠病毒症状

I got the news from here. I don't know Mandarin myself. So I use google translate and then it translated as 3 spectators in the All England stadium suspected of having Coronavirus.