website statistics

Men's Football AFC Under 23 Asian Cup 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

18 hours ago, intoronto said:

I feel young again. I was not born 

There were two further editions of the Olympic Games before I was born. Feel old again? :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

According to Wikipedia, the teams from AFC will be ranked considering their 2020 Olympic performance (in order identify them as AFC 1, AFC 2 and AFC 3). As only Japan played in the final men's football tournament in Tokyo Olympics of the four teams remaining, I considered the performances in the 2020 AFC U-23 Asian Cup (that served as qualification for Tokyo 2020) and the qualification for the 2020 AFC U-23 Asian Cup. The ranking could be like this:

1. Japan (4th place in Tokyo 2020)

2. Uzbekistan (4th place in 2020 AFC U-23 Asian Cup)

3. Iraq (eliminated in group stage in 2020 AFC U-23 Asian Cup)

4. Indonesia (not qualified for 2020 AFC U-23 Asian Cup)

Edited by andresap93

11 minutes ago, andresap93 said:

According to Wikipedia, the teams from AFC will be ranked considering their 2020 Olympic performance (in order identify them as AFC 1, AFC 2 and AFC 3). As only Japan played in the final men's football tournament in Tokyo Olympics of the four teams remaining, I considered the performances in the 2020 AFC U-23 Asian Cup (that served as qualification for Tokyo 2020) and the qualification for the 2020 AFC U-23 Asian Cup. The ranking could be like this:

They made this criteria exactly to avoid dilemma of putting an Arab team into group of Israel @phelps was the 1st one to predict it 

14 hours ago, andresap93 said:

Our media reported that Japan and Iraq are ranked 1st and 2nd according to their previous performances. So Ukraine will face Indonesia or Uzbekistan.

Do not know if that is correct.