website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans 2020 Thread

NearPup

Thinking back Canada did a lot of things in 2010 to maximize home field advantage (not allowing access to the Whistler track for one). I sure hope there was no magic drug or w/e in 2010 used on Canadian athletes. I doubt it, but always possible.

Commonwealth Games weightlifting silver medallist Pardeep Singh of India has been provisionally suspended after testing positive for human growth hormone (HGH).

The 25-year-old, who claimed silver in the 105 kilograms category at the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games, returned the positive test during a camp at the National Institute of Sport in Patiala in December.

1 hour ago, Gianlu33 said:

Commonwealth Games weightlifting silver medallist Pardeep Singh of India has been provisionally suspended after testing positive for human growth hormone (HGH).

The 25-year-old, who claimed silver in the 105 kilograms category at the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games, returned the positive test during a camp at the National Institute of Sport in Patiala in December.

I wonder who did the test ? Indian Anti Doping system or WADA/IWF ? because if it's WADA, he will be at least India #2 doping case during the qualification period, which means they are 1 more positive test away from being banned from the Olympics, which is important because this time India has a very good chance for medal in women's weightlifting.

from what I see India also has another case in August 2018 but I assume that won't be counted because the qualification started from November 2018.

2 hours ago, MHSN said:

I wonder who did the test ? Indian Anti Doping system or WADA/IWF ? because if it's WADA, he will be at least India #2 doping case during the qualification period, which means they are 1 more positive test away from being banned from the Olympics, which is important because this time India has a very good chance for medal in women's weightlifting.

from what I see India also has another case in August 2018 but I assume that won't be counted because the qualification started from November 2018.

He was caught by Indian Anti Doping system. 

Link

• 3 weeks later...

The window to open new doping cases from London 2012 has passed. From what I understand, no new cases may be opened, but athletes with on going cases may still be prosecuted.

At the moment, 139 athletes have been disqualified from the Games. I believe there are still a couple of cases on going.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/02/2020 at 11:36, dcro said:

:ITA Pierluigi Sangiorgi got suspended... for giving his horse antidepressives. :yikes:

http://www.eurodressage.com/2020/02/10/pierluigi-sangiorgi-suspended-after-testing-positive-banned-substance

On 10/02/2020 at 11:40, heywoodu said:

Well that's depressing.

On 11/02/2020 at 00:13, Olympian1010 said:

It’s been a rough three years, I know how that horse feels. Should have just given it some weed like the Qataris did.

On 11/02/2020 at 08:45, Grassmarket said:

Horse doping in Olympic Events is by no means a new thing. :smoke:

https://www.horsejournals.com/equine-doping

On 11/02/2020 at 09:59, phelps said:

doping makes sense (even if it's always a disgrace...and illegal)...but antidepressives...c'mon! what's the help those medicines can give to a horse? did Sangiorgi's horses maybe have suicidal tendencies?

because if it was to have them just a bit calm on the competition area, there are way more effective products than antidepressives...:facepalm:

Pierluigi Sangiorgi's ban has been lifted.

As it turns out, it was his groom who (frequently) peed in the stables and thus got his horse contaminated with antidepressives. :rofl:

https://www.eurodressage.com/2020/09/01/sangiorgi-cleared-doping-charges-groom-peed-horses-stable

#banbestmen