website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans 2020 Thread

NearPup

6 minutes ago, intoronto said:

And for all those who say doping is only targeted to non-western nations, this is your rebuttal.

If you try to dope/cheat you will be caught regardless of nationality

Did I ever say that ? I'm almost sure I never did. I might say such a thing about other things but not doping .

or maybe you just quoted me by accident :p

36 minutes ago, MHSN said:

how this out of competition tests work ? do they notify the athlete minutes/hours/days before their arrival ? or they just appear at the door ?

Athletes have to report where they will be at specific times, and testers will just show up unannounced.

23 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Did I ever say that ? I'm almost sure I never did. I might say such a thing about other things but not doping .

or maybe you just quoted me by accident :p

Yea that part did not apply to you sorry. I misclicked quoting your post. I thought I removed it but it still shows. Sorry lol

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

how this out of competition tests work ? do they notify the athlete minutes/hours/days before their arrival ? or they just appear at the door ?

Every athlete has to nominate a place they will be for a one hour slot every day. After that the testers will appear at the door with no warning

1 minute ago, Dragon said:

Every athlete has to nominate a place they will be for a one hour slot every day. After that the testers will appear at the door with no warning

I believe they can also put backup locations and ways to contact them on their bio passports too, right?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, MHSN said:

of course they just appear without notice...and if you're not in the place where you're supposed to be (the famous "whereabouts"), you still have 1 hour time to show up and take your test, otherwise they leave and you're considered a "no show"...

p.s. this should be the normal procedure...but as you might imagine, in certain Countries it's impossible to make such kind of sudden appearances, as inspectors must ask for visa to enter the Nation and once they're in that specific Countries, they're also followed (sometimes in a very discret way, sometimes they are just boycotted in the most explicit way, like the WADA inspectors who went in Russia in the recent past) and the athletes get to know well in advance that they're going to be visited by the anti-doping inspectors...:nopompom:

51 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I believe they can also put backup locations and ways to contact them on their bio passports too, right?

here you can find all the infos (and links to them) about the ADAMS (and the whereabouts procedures)...

https://www.wada-ama.org/en/what-we-do/adams

in particular, here's the whereabouts module...