website statistics

Men's Basketball FIBA Olympic Games Qualification Tournament 2021

George_D

I didn't waste my time watching it (the time was also difficult for us) but I'm surprised it was that close. Thought Canada would win easily so I guess that's a good sign. We still have some good players on this roster, we just lack the depth that we used to have in the past (and obviously all of our injuries/absences made that situation worse).

8 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

I didn't waste my time watching it (the time was also difficult for us) but I'm surprised it was that close. Thought Canada would win easily so I guess that's a good sign. We still have some good players on this roster, we just lack the depth that we used to have in the past (and obviously all of our injuries/absences made that situation worse).

If anything Greece should have won this game. Greece had practice matches and were used to being a team. This was Canada's first matchup and it was clear there was no cohesion/team work

Turkey won but looked absolutely terrible against maybe the weakest team among all the tournaments.

Some crazy trivia: it was Uruguay's first official game against an european team since 1986 :yikes:and we're talking about a team that used to play WCs and olympics regularly for decades.

Teams really had little time to prepare for this, which shows. Serbia also struggled at home vs Dominican Republic, Turkey struggled, Germany struggled and Canada vs Greece was a joy to watch. Greece played great offensively in the first half, they hit a lot of threes, I think 8 but when Canada started playing defense a little better and when Wiggins and Barrett came out to play in second half, it was over. It's Canada's to lose but as with every other tournament you have to win two single elimination games so you'll never know.