website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2032 Bid Process

And the news about the Indonesian bid has divided people to 4 groups:

Those who doesn't care at all

Those who are (too) optimistic

Those who fear/reject the bid because of the cost

Those who fear/reject the bid because of Israel

I just want to prevent our country from being a laughing stock. The bid itself (for me) is destined to fail since we have the weakest infrastructure and de facto rejection of Israel won't make this bid sounds good even to drunk Mr. Bach

3 hours ago, Griff88 said:

And the news about the Indonesian bid has divided people to 4 groups:

Those who doesn't care at all

Those who are (too) optimistic

Those who fear/reject the bid because of the cost

Those who fear/reject the bid because of Israel

I just want to prevent our country from being a laughing stock. The bid itself (for me) is destined to fail since we have the weakest infrastructure and de facto rejection of Israel won't make this bid sounds good even to drunk Mr. Bach

Yo yo

We are Indonesia

We want the Olympics

We think Israel does not exist ya

Give us the Olympics

Urban enough for Bach?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

30 minut temu, heywoodu napisał:

Yo yo

We are Indonesia

We want the Olympics

We think Israel does not exist ya

Give us the Olympics

Urban enough for Bach?

No, cause there is no rhyme. Maybe something like this:

We are great, we are Indonesia

We want Olympic Games

There's no Israel, especially in Asia

Give us Olympics, that's pure gains

3 minutes ago, Col_Frost said:

No, cause there is no rhyme. Maybe something like this:

We are great, we are Indonesia

We want Olympic Games

There's no Israel, especially in Asia

Give us Olympics, that's pure gains

The 'ya' was added to rhyme with 'Indonesia' :( 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 4 months later...
26 minutes ago, dcro said:

Apparently Germans still have plans for the 2032 Olympics. It has been mentioned in Aachen today.

Yeah some of the far-right parties have been floating around the idea of hosting 2036. I have no clue why...:redcard:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

43 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah some of the far-right parties have been floating around the idea of hosting 2036. I have no clue why...:redcard:

Thomas Härtel and Andreas Geisel aren't really from a far-right party. :mumble:

Edited by Agger

6 minutes ago, Agger said:

Thomas Härtel and Andreas Geisel aren't really from a far-right party. :mumble:

Oh really? I just assumed that would be a German far-right thing? I mean who would want to commemorate Hitler’s games? Who goes “Yes, this is an idea I should say out loud, let alone think”

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Oh really? I just assumed that would be a German far-right thing? I mean who would want to commemorate Hitler’s games? Who goes “Yes, this is an idea I should say out loud, let alone think”

Yup. They are Social Democrats.

Not that I support the idea, I feel that it would take too much attention, but I actually get the idea of using it to show that Germany has moved on. Way too often the slightest bit of national pride (I even remember articles during the 2006 Worlds) is compared to the past. I would love to give Germany a chance to be proud of themselves and the history of the country (with exceptions, of course) without being compared to the dark past of the country.

I don't get it...I hope Germany will host the Games in 2032, that would also be a chance to be proud of themselves and their history, why choosing 2036 on purpose? It would of course cause a lot of comparisons to that dark past, and a lot of celebrations worldwide by a certain kind of people...the bid would have no chance, the IOC surely doesn't want this kind of attention.