website statistics

Soccer

Josh

28 minutes ago, james89 said:

I’m hope I can repeat my ticket luck from when the Women’s World Cup was here. 

I lived out East back then, only ended up seeing one match (the :AUS - :BRA Ro16 that was played in driving rain in Moncton). It was a great experience though, honestly seeing an event as big as the WWC in :NBR was super special.

Riviere, Beckie, and Scott are all out as expected. I’m surprised Marie Alidou didn’t get the call up, so far she’s scored 8 goals in 9 games throughout the 2023-24 UEFA Women’s Champions League season with Benfica. 

• 1 month later...

Canada defeat Brazil on penalties (1-1, 4-2) and are through to the She Believes Cup final! Solid win heading into the Olympics this summer. 

Up next, an encounter with our long time rivals the United States on Tuesday, for the title. 

Tough loss to United States in the final, going down on penalties (2-2, 5-4) but we’ve always struggled against them historically so far from surprising. Leon with two goals and a penalty shootout goal and is looking to be a major factor for the Canadian team heading into Paris. 

FYI, there’s no overtime at the She Believes Cup. 

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Canada’s men’s team tied FRANCE (yes, France!!) 0-0 in a pre Copa America friendly earlier today!!  

:surprise: :yikes::yikes::yikes::hyper::clap::cheer:

Signing Jesse Marsh might just have been the best thing Canada Soccer have ever done. 

Edit: I will add that this was a French A-team. Canada created some solid scoring opportunities too, it’s not like France was controlling 90% of the match. 

@George_D

Edited by Josh

• 1 month later...