website statistics

Road Cycling UCI World Championships 2019

hckošice

Przed chwilą, Col_Frost napisał:

You should expect that if you organize WCh in England in September. It's like someone would be suprised because of sun during WCh in Qatar ;) 

Maybe I'm not surprised. For example, I like cycling in the rain.

Evenepoel is really out of this world ... not sure we have ever seen a talent like him? I hope that we will see some battles between him and Bernal (+ maybe even Kämna) in the future, british cycling has dominated long enough.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

16 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Really? I guess technically it says that it goes to NOCs which have qualified to the road race (which France has fulfilled), but I think they also meant that they need enough places.

Ok, that was not clear to me. I'd be more interested to know if NOCs that have enough places can still decide to use a track cyclist for the time trial without entering him in the road race. Italy on the men's side will likely have 5 quotas in road and 5 in track (pursuit+omnium), Ganna will be entered in track, can they use him for the time trial without him having to start in the road race (where he'd be useless and only take away the spot from someone else)?

The document says that 'Any athlete who has been entered in another Cycling discipline will have the right to be entered in Road Cycling, provided that the NOC has obtained a quota place in the said event, that the limits for participation per NOC and per event are not exceeded, and that the athlete eligibility requirements have been met'.

1 minute ago, Dunadan said:

Ok, that was not clear to me. I'd be more interested to know if NOCs that have enough places can still decide to use a track cyclist for the time trial without entering him in the road race. Italy on the men's side will likely have 5 quotas in road and 5 in track (pursuit+omnium), Ganna will be entered in track, can they use him for the time trial without him having to start in the road race (where he'd be useless and only take away the spot from someone else)?

The document says that 'Any athlete who has been entered in another Cycling discipline will have the right to be entered in Road Cycling, provided that the NOC has obtained a quota place in the said event, that the limits for participation per NOC and per event are not exceeded, and that the athlete eligibility requirements have been met'.

Yes, Ganna can be selected in time trial without racing road race, but only pursuit.

On 22/09/2019 at 20:29, heywoodu said:

By the way, nothing confirmed yet about this thing being caused by visa problems, but one can logically guess there's a pretty big chance of it, there were definitely more Africans supposed to participate than only the South Africans..

I’ve noticed that the African Nations with well-known reputations in cycling - like Eritrea, Rwanda, Ethiopia - have got riders.  Also some African riders who are probably already British citizens or residents.  But there are some nations we have had trouble with in the past where athletes have been given visas for big events and have disappeared without even competing. So if your list includes Sierra Leone, Cameroon & Nigeria....

Edited by Grassmarket

18 hours ago, Andry84 said:

Yes, Ganna can be selected in time trial without racing road race, but only pursuit.

I'd rather like him to build a Madison team with Viviani...with both in their best shape, they could destroy the field (except for Australia, if they have Cameron Meyer at his best, too)...

I don't think he's going to be a medal candidate in the time trial on the road...