Gold- :CZE Ondřej Perušič/David Schweiner

Silver- :SWE David Åhman/Jonathan Hellvig

Bronze- :POL Michal Bryl/Bartosz Łosiak

Women’s Medalists

Gold- :USA Kelly Cheng/Sara Hughes

Silver- :BRA Ana Patricia Silva Ramos/Eduarda Santos Lisboa

Bronze- :USA Taryn Kloth/Kristen Nuss

13 hours ago, Josh said:

Clancy/Mariafe are the reigning Olympic silver medalists, and are a top ten team, how was a win against them gonna be “easy” ? (Not unless you’re Duda/AP :p)

I feel bad for Menegatti, she carries her team. Wonder what she’d be able to do with a better defender. Same with Latvia,  but to a lesser extent. Samoilova has moments of brilliance, but sometimes struggles to sideout, and can also become error prone during crucial moments (Cheng/Hughes QF: *11-13, Samoilova missed serve, and then she gets aced to end the match). Graudina rarely has bad matches, always a beast on sideout. 

for what I saw in the last couple of seasons, the Australian duo is highly overrated

they won silver in Tokyo and it was one of the biggest surprises of the Games, I don't think they are better than many other teams that didn't get a top result yet (like the Italians, for instance...but not only them)

11 hours ago, vinipereira said:

Apparently :CZE is the first landlocked nation to win gold at the World championships.

yes, the best results before this week were 2 silver medals by the :SUI men and 1 silver medal by the :AUT men

meanwhile no women from a landlocked Nation have ever reached the GMM

and except for the :SUI bronze medal in 2004, no players from a landlocked Country (both men and women) have ever reached the medal matches at the Olympic Games

Edited by phelps

12 hours ago, phelps said:

for what I saw in the last couple of seasons, the Australian duo is highly overrated

they won silver in Tokyo and it was one of the biggest surprises of the Games, I don't think they are better than many other teams that didn't get a top result yet (like the Italians, for instance...but not only them)

Five (four if you take out the event in Torquay where a lot of the top teams weren’t competing) Elite 16 medals in the last two years isn’t good enough for you? :p

12 hours ago, Josh said:

Five (four if you take out the event in Torquay where a lot of the top teams weren’t competing) Elite 16 medals in the last two years isn’t good enough for you? :p

I'm not saying that they are "weak", I just think there are at least 6/7 pairs that in their best moments are better than them (and Menegatti & Gottardi are one of them, even if so far they have shown to be mentally too fragile to get the results they technically could)