website statistics

Women's Football UEFA European Nations League 2023 - 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

1 hour ago, Jur said:

For the first time ever, :ESP would have a women's football team in the Olympic Games. Can't believe it. I'm close to tears!

Quite a ride for that team over the last year. Highs and lows 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Jur said:

For the first time ever, :ESP would have a women's football team in the Olympic Games. Can't believe it. I'm close to tears!

And one has to say they are looking like the favourites for gold!

36 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Oh no, they'll have to fight for their quota :O

(A :NED - :GER match to decide the last quota feels a lot more fair than :GER qualifying by beating :FRA)

I completely agree but poor Germany in the sense that they have regressed. I hope they win but tonight it was so weak. I doubt

12 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

I completely agree but poor Germany in the sense that they have regressed. I hope they win but tonight it was so weak. I doubt

Germany always were the weakest of these four this cycle apart from maybe the Parsons year of the Netherlands (and were kinda lucky Denmark bottled it anyway)

11 hours ago, AsensioWillemsen said:

Germany always were the weakest of these four this cycle apart from maybe the Parsons year of the Netherlands (and were kinda lucky Denmark bottled it anyway)

Well, I was really surprised how weak the Dutch were yesterday. Ofcourse, Spain is by far the best team in the world right now, but the level of our team was really shocking, especially from some elder players like Lieke Martens. I didn't see the match between France and Germany, so no idea of the level of Germany, but when the Dutch don't raise their level, I think Germany will win this.

1 minute ago, CCB said:

Well, I was really surprised how weak the Dutch were yesterday. Ofcourse, Spain is by far the best team in the world right now, but the level of our team was really shocking, especially from some elder players like Lieke Martens. I didn't see the match between France and Germany, so no idea of the level of Germany, but when the Dutch don't raise their level, I think Germany will win this.

I think it is a 50/50. They are pretty close. Germany really only had counters to go on and they often turned out to be shots from the side.

Martens is not on the necessary level for years now. It really depends on Miedema, Brugts and Groenen.

On the women’s side Spain can still dominate with their technique. On the men’s side other nations can destroy them with their physicality. The technical level on the women’s side overall is really shockingly bad. Maybe an African team can challenge Spain on the women’s side in some years. I find it interesting that France has a 99 % black team on the men’s side, but on the women’s side it is much more „balanced“. If France could get black women more engaged, they would probably be able to challenge Spain.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.