:USA 0 / 3 / 1
:AUS 0 / 1 / 3
:NZL 0 / 1 / 2
:ITA 0 / 1 / 1
:CRO 0 / 1 / 0
:LTU 0 / 1 / 0
:CHN 0 / 0 / 1
:POL 0 / 0 / 1

have to repeat myself...this domination by :NED:GBR and :ROU doesn't look good (once again, sorry my friends :p)

however, the :ITA disaster does look even worse :facepalm: :hairpull:

1 minute ago, phelps said:

Olympic Events Medal Table

:NED 5 / 3 / 0
:GBR 4 / 1 / 1
:ROU 2 / 1 / 2
:SUI 1 / 1 / 0
:IRL 1 / 0 / 2
:GER 1 / 0 / 0
:USA 0 / 3 / 1
:AUS 0 / 1 / 3
:NZL 0 / 1 / 2
:ITA 0 / 1 / 1
:CRO 0 / 1 / 0
:LTU 0 / 1 / 0
:CHN 0 / 0 / 1
:POL 0 / 0 / 1

have to repeat myself...this domination by :NED:GBR and :ROU doesn't look good (once again, sorry my friends :p)

however, the :ITA disaster does look even worse :facepalm: :hairpull:

By doesn't look good, do you mean bad for the sport, dodgy or just bad for other contenders?

2 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

To be fair you do have 3 golds in the non-Olympic classes and Italy remains the top lightweight nation, it just didn't quite come together for the Olympic boats. 

as if that was somehow a good thing :wall:

it will only help our coaches and officials to sell this championship as successful, when instead it's the lowest point ever of our (Olympic) rowing and they should all resign (or being kicked out, but that's impossible, unless they break any law)

6 minutes ago, mpjmcevoy said:

By doesn't look good, do you mean bad for the sport, dodgy or just bad for other contenders?

bad for the Italian Olympic medal table (especially all those Dutch Gold medals)...but I'm just joking with our Dutch friends...;)

it would be bad for the sport if there was only 1 Country winning all the gold medals, but this outcome is perfectly acceptable, with 3 dominant Countries and many others on the medal table (I'd only like to see also an African Country among the medallists, but you can't have it all)

the only real bad thing is the Italian flop (from my very own perspective, of course)

Edited by phelps

Just now, phelps said:

bad for the Italian Olympic medal table (especially all those Dutch Gold medals)...but I'm just joking with our Dutch friends...;)

it would be bad for the sport if there was only 1 Country winning all the gold medals, but this outcome is perfectly acceptable, with 3 dominant Countries and many others on the medal table (I'd only like to see also an African Country among the medallists, but you can't have it all)

Thanks, friend, what I thought you meant but just wanted to check! The return of romania to relevance is a bit of a joy to behold, and while the Dutch, Brits and Romanians do seem REALLY strong (especially the dutch and the Brits, both of whom may have a higher gear yet), there are still encouraging signs for other teams...even the italians! ;-)

Seems to me rowing generally is in rather rude heath - and I agree, we absolutely should be trying to help our African friends join the party - there are a  number of fine lakes and rivers throughout Africa, and I imagine some European powers would have 'old' boat kit that would still be very useful to seed the sport in West Africa for example.

The only really surprising fall backs for me are the US and Australia, but I trust both will 'get it right on the night'

5 minutes ago, phelps said:

For what its worth, I suspect Italy are going to do VERY well in Paris overall.

2 hours ago, Andry84 said:

Its Better than expected, a lot Better, 2 medals not easy, one 4th place,5 olympic pass was what we expected considering LW2 completely out of shape for serious health problems and that we Lost all our wonderful boys on 4- and 2- with new crews and quite young for man rowing, we presented also a very good  women 8 that could go go to Paris if NZ and Netherlands Will not partecipate il Luzern. We can add 1 male and 1 women boat in Luzern and some chance also for men single.

I don't agree at all...3 medals (and at least 3 more OQPs) would have been the bare minimum (the men's double sculls out of the podium is really a big disappointment, even if Sartori deserves a better teammate than Rambaldi)

in Lucerne we MUST add the men's Fours and the men's Singles (and it must be Di Mauro, who's our biggest talent right now, the only one who can dream big in that discipline...stop sending 2nd and 3rd tier rowers in the 1X and stop with that fuckin' idea of building an Eight that will never be capable of competing for the medals)

and hopefully, in Paris it would be great having Lodo and Vicino back on the men's Pairs...for what I've seen this week, if they get back to their best shape (big "if", though), it's an easy gold (unless the Sinkovich bros also get back to this discipline, as on the double sculls they don't stand a chance against the Dutch duo)

for what concerns the women's LW 2X, now we're gonna have a lot of problems, as we are stuck to the declining duo Rodini and Cesarini for both the qualifiers and the OGs themselves because our no.2 crew in that class has now qualified in the senior 2X and can't be used in Lucerne

a trip to Lourdes might be an option for them, now