website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics WA World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

14 hours ago, Jinzha said:

I had really expected :NED Tes Schouten to qualify for the finals this time, after a preseason with constant improvement of her PBs. Let's hope she makes it in the 200m at least.

The 200 breast is much less competitive, so she should make it unless she drowns.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

16 minutes ago, phelps said:

well, they already have another one in 2027

Didn't actually know that. I thought that i had read recently that the next 2 world championships will be in Asia as well (so good for Australia and China).

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

19 minutes ago, phelps said:

I see another Paltrinieri move like in Tokyo (and in Budapest 1500m) coming...they should be ready to a fast start and then a good pursuit...:rolleyes:

lane 1 is kinda inspiring :lol:

Absolutely don't think that he has the speed, but we will see. I think Short, Finke and maybe Hafanoui could go 7:36.

29 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Personally i think that it will be Short, Finke and Hafanoui. Don't really see anyone else winning a medal, but we will see.

Short and Finke should be 1 and 2. Bronze is up for grabs IMO

Day 3 finals begin now, really excited. Ledecky in the W 1500FR, Smith and McKeown in the W 100BK, Popovici Sunwoo Dean and Richards in the M 200FR, Meilutyte King Jacoby and Schoenmaker in the W 100BR, and Ceccon Murphy Armstrong Jiayu in the M 100BK.

Edited by Josh

Out of curiousity, is it 'Popovici', with the i being pronounced at the end, or 'Popovich', with the i not being pronounced?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

Maybe now we won't have to wait so long for another world championship in Budapest ... only having them there every 4 years isn't enough ...

To be fair, that 2022 WCh wasn't planned at all. But yeah, you kinda get the feeling that Europe (or America...) doesn't want to host this event with the exception of Hungary and Russia. For 14 years the host will either be an Asian city or Budapest.