website statistics

Biathlon 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread

RobtheAggie

35 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Terezia Poliaková officially retired

Wasn't she the one targeted by brainless idiots on her social media - calling her all kinds of bad things - after she sort of messed up a relay? :( 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Wasn't she the one targeted by brainless idiots on her social media - calling her all kinds of bad things - after she sort of messed up a relay? :( 

yep. basically, that´s the main reason of her retirement. the team wanted to persuade her to continue until Beijing, but she refused it, claiming she can´t physically nor mentally anymore

She has 31

2 hours ago, hckosice said:

yep. basically, that´s the main reason of her retirement. the team wanted to persuade her to continue until Beijing, but she refused it, claiming she can´t physically nor mentally anymore

She has 31

Damn, I feel terrible for her. I hope retiring will bring her back on a path to a happy life, away from those social media 'heroes'.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Oh and Vitkova is pregnant I see, congratulations to her :cheer: 

Interesting list of people who have retired since the end of the season.  There is a decent amount of turnover.

List one 

List two

The Swiss will miss Dolder and the US without a Dreissigacker will be interesting.  That is a long time family name in biathlon in the US.

1 hour ago, RobtheAggie said:

Interesting list of people who have retired since the end of the season.  There is a decent amount of turnover.

List one 

List two

The Swiss will miss Dolder and the US without a Dreissigacker will be interesting.  That is a long time family name in biathlon in the US.

Can’t believe @brunamoura didn’t make the list. I can’t think of a bigger biathlon star (at least on the forum)...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela