website statistics

Biathlon 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread

RobtheAggie

1 hora atrás, dcro disse:

Ravna Gora ("Flat Mountain") is cool. :d But also very hit-or-miss with snow conditions. Either there is a lot of it, or none of it at all.

The first plan was Ravna Gora. But as there are 3 races in Nove Mesto, plans changed. I've heard there's nothing "flat" in Nove Mesto, so I am expecting for more suffering than before. It's also going to be more tiring because it's gonna be a long ride from Livigno to Nove Mesto (they say it takes 10 hours by car, but as it's Livigno I am expecting for more) and all the way back, just to sleep in Livigno because then I have to go also by car to Bodenmais (for the IBU in Arber). I am not happy with that, but... federation's plan ??‍♀️?

Just now, brunamoura said:

The first plan was Ravna Gora. But as there are 3 races in Nove Mesto, plans changed. I've heard there's nothing "flat" in Nove Mesto, so I am expecting for more suffering than before. It's also going to be more tiring because it's gonna be a long ride from Livigno to Nove Mesto (they say it takes 10 hours by car, but as it's Livigno I am expecting for more) and all the way back, just to sleep in Livigno because then I have to go also by car to Bodenmais (for the IBU in Arber). I am not happy with that, but... federation's plan ??‍♀️?

Well at least you have the forum to entertain you during the long rides :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hora atrás, Olympian1010 disse:

Well at least you have the forum to entertain you during the long rides :p

Yes, if I have internet on the road ?☺️

Usually I do not get an European SIM card, just connect when there is WiFi somewhere. but due to the experience from the past seasons in Livigno, I am thinking about getting one this time. 

57 minutes ago, brunamoura said:

Yes, if I have internet on the road ?☺️

Usually I do not get an European SIM card, just connect when there is WiFi somewhere. but due to the experience from the past seasons in Livigno, I am thinking about getting one this time. 

Or just trade phones with @heywoodu...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Just don’t look at any pictures. :yikes:

:roflmao:

Yeah, wouldn't want to see secret biathlon photos :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Russian Biathlon is back in the news.  Looks like Austrian authorities conducted a late night visit to the team.  They have also announced the teams for the WC and IBU Cups, but there is some decisions that are being questioned because the coaches did not follow the federations stated criteria.  The second article appears to have been translated from Russian, so some of the wording is not quite correct.  

Russian WC team:

Men: Alexander Loginov, Evgeny Garanichev, Dmitry Malyshko, Anton Babikov, Eduard Latypov, Nikita Porshnev, Matvey Eliseev.

Women: Ekaterina Yurlova-Percht, Victoria Slivko, Svetlana Mironova, Larisa Kuklina, Kristina Reztsova, Tamara Voronina.

Another article about finances with Ostersund.  One of the city councilors appears to state that the WC stop is drawing fewer people than in the past, especially when Magdalena Forsberg was on the top of the biathlon world.

IBU put out a good piece on the new Chinese biathlon coaches.  

Edited by RobtheAggie

1 minute ago, RobtheAggie said:

Russian Biathlon is back in the news.  Looks like Austrian authorities conducted a late night visit to the team.  They have also announced the teams for the WC and IBU Cups, but there is some decisions that are being questioned because the coaches did not follow the federations stated criteria.  The second article appears to have been translated from Russian, so some of the wording is not quite correct.  

Russian WC team:

Men: Alexander Loginov, Evgeny Garanichev, Dmitry Malyshko, Anton Babikov, Eduard Latypov, Nikita Porshnev, Matvey Eliseev.

Women: Ekaterina Yurlova-Percht, Victoria Slivko, Svetlana Mironova, Larisa Kuklina, Kristina Reztsova, Tamara Voronina.

Another article about finances with Ostersund.  One of the city councilors appears to state that the WC stop is drawing fewer people than in the past, especially when Magdalena Forsberg was on the top of the biathlon world.

IBU put out a good piece on the new Chinese biathlon coaches.  

Which should mean no Mironova in the IBU Cup, that's excellent news for everyone in the IBU Cup :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!