website statistics

Biathlon 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread

RobtheAggie

7 hours ago, Vojthas said:

Slovakia uses 4F wear? For biathlon only or for the Olympics too? I don't remember your Olympians in that.

From January 2019 :p The Biathlon federation actually had worked together with 4F already in the previous year.  but the NOC signed a deal only this January and is expected to last until the Dakar YOG 2022.

The first Olympic event at which Slovak athletes presented themselves in 4F clothing was the February European Youth Olympic Winter Festival (EYOF) in Sarajevo.

I really liked it.

080219slub_EYOF.jpg?itok=EQbZms2E

Spoiler

hokejisti.png?itok=BtbGWrOX

100219_opening_ceremony_5.jpg?itok=3vE34

rsz_160219medals_13.jpg?itok=Jsbhjslw

160219medals_18.jpg?itok=9RSpJCds

and the first summer event was the European Games in Minsk, which looked just AWFUL !

Spoiler

2otvorenie%20hier_foto%20sukup.jpg?itok=

stvorkajak%20medaily.jpg?itok=WP79sO6W

I hope the Swedish biathletes will shoot much better this weekend and next week then they did last weekend:

https://www.indta.se/api/v1/fil/bilagor/e5176801-8c29-447c-8472-a164b44651b9/resultat_smkortdistans.pdf

In fairness, the weather was very foggy with strong winds. Not optimal conditions. 

Just now, Wumo said:

I hope the Swedish biathletes will shoot much better this weekend and next week then they did last weekend:

https://www.indta.se/api/v1/fil/bilagor/e5176801-8c29-447c-8472-a164b44651b9/resultat_smkortdistans.pdf

In fairness, the weather was very foggy with strong winds. Not optimal conditions. 

What kind of race is this? Just a regular pre-season race or national champs or something? I'd strongly be in favour of the winners receiving an automatic spot into the World Cup team :old:

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

11 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I'd strongly be in favour of the winners receiving an automatic spot into the World Cup team :old:

She should have performed much better on the sprint distance to deserve a spot.:old:

https://www.indta.se/api/v1/fil/bilagor/bd169e39-79fc-476e-bd96-aab7adc24023/resultat_sm_sprint_sverige.pdf  (National Champs. in Men's 10km Sprint and Women's 7.5km Sprint.)

Edited by Wumo

7 minutes ago, Wumo said:

She should have performed much better on the sprint distance to deserve a spot.:old:

https://www.indta.se/api/v1/fil/bilagor/bd169e39-79fc-476e-bd96-aab7adc24023/resultat_sm_sprint_sverige.pdf  (National Champs. in Men's 10km Sprint and Women's 7.5km Sprint.)

Anna-Karin Heijdenberg, that sounds like a very Dutch family name :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

41 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Anna-Karin Heijdenberg, that sounds like a very Dutch family name :d 

Indeed. After a quick look at her instagram and facebook, it seems she is born and have lived her whole life in Sweden.

I even found an interview with her from when she was 12:

https://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=78&artikel=5436847

She was quite a talent in Swedish biathlon from what I can read. Her big idol was, and maybe still is, Helena Ekholm. 

Edited by Wumo

IBU announces an official partnership with the Olympic Channel.  The article says this is about Target 2026, but offers little details on what will be shown.

The IBU also commented on two possible EU legislative movements that may change the sport in some ways, the ban on fluorine wax and lead.  I do wonder if a ban on lead would lead to two types of bullets being used.  Traditional ones with lead outside of the EU, and ones without inside.  I would assume that would cause some major issues with consistency in shooting.  

44 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

IBU announces an official partnership with the Olympic Channel.  The article says this is about Target 2026, but offers little details on what will be shown.

The IBU also commented on two possible EU legislative movements that may change the sport in some ways, the ban on fluorine wax and lead.  I do wonder if a ban on lead would lead to two types of bullets being used.  Traditional ones with lead outside of the EU, and ones without inside.  I would assume that would cause some major issues with consistency in shooting.  

As long as it doesn't lead (get it?) to laser shooting.