website statistics

Biathlon 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread

RobtheAggie

4 hours ago, RobtheAggie said:

The timing is what is perplexing to me.  Why right before the World Championship?  Do you think they both race the mixed relay?  What about the women's relay.  I think yes to both, but it will be an interesting side note.

yes they´ll surely do, I guess the Italian federation will force them since they are the best athletes of the country, no way they will not be placed in the relays.,

however I just try to imagine how the handover between both legs will looks :p

hzA1pIu8v7NFm.gif

3 hours ago, hckosice said:

Yeah, because Wierer is not famous for using tons of make up neither :lol:

It says something that Koukalova made Wierer look like someone who never heard of makeup :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 hours ago, RobtheAggie said:

The timing is what is perplexing to me.  Why right before the World Championship?  Do you think they both race the mixed relay?  What about the women's relay.  I think yes to both, but it will be an interesting side note.

Possibly because she's been trying to fight and fight for some equality for her (instead of every single thing always going to Wierer) for a long while, and since nothing ever worked and she kept being pushed down, she decided to go for desperate measures in desperate times?

No idea, but it would be far from surprising if she used this moment because any other moment would have much less of a potential effect.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Funny how Vittozzi complains about Wierer skipping a relay and resting for the following day's mass start when she was the first one that was allowed to do exactly the same last season, in Ruhpolding - and they were first and second in the WC standings by then, with only a few points separating them. 

12 hours ago, heywoodu said:

If true, which would be completely unsurprising, this would be such an incredibly shitty move from the coaches. It's like giving a big, fat middle finger straight in Vittozzi's face. But then again: Wierer gets them the sweet marketing money and everyone will just drool on her social media photos and think Wierer is all fantastic, not a care in the world for the coaches.

as I wrote yesterday (and as it was reminded by @Dunadan earlier), Vittozzi has quite a short memory when she talks about favouritism in our team...:evil::whistle:

she was allowed to miss a relay earlier in the season (without even having to fake an illness, provided we don't know if that's true for Wierer or not...my guess? Doro was not "sick" on that specific day, but had some troubles with women's period and used it as an excuse to miss the relay, then the official version is that she got a flu symptoms because the Italian audience is...the Italian audience :facepalm: and here you are not free to discuss certain arguments publicly...they all know it happens, but nobody wants to hear about it on tv or newspapers...and when it happens -Paola Pezzo in the 2004 Olympic MTB race, Federica Pellegrini on the night of the Olympic final over 200m freestyle in Rio 4 years ago- they tried to hide everything)...

p.s. forgot to mention that yesterday...Vittozzi (like all the other team members) is enrolled in a Military Corpse...

because of that, she's gonna pay a high prize for this interview (and makes her more irresponsible...twice)...surely...

1 hour ago, phelps said:

as I wrote yesterday (and as it was reminded by @Dunadan earlier), Vittozzi has quite a short memory when she talks about favouritism in our team...:evil::whistle:

she was allowed to miss a relay earlier in the season (without even having to fake an illness, provided we don't know if that's true for Wierer or not...my guess? Doro was not "sick" on that specific day, but had some troubles with women's period and used it as an excuse to miss the relay, then the official version is that she got a flu symptoms because the Italian audience is...the Italian audience :facepalm: and here you are not free to discuss certain arguments publicly...they all know it happens, but nobody wants to hear about it on tv or newspapers...and when it happens -Paola Pezzo in the 2004 Olympic MTB race, Federica Pellegrini on the night of the Olympic final over 200m freestyle in Rio 4 years ago- they tried to hide everything)...

p.s. forgot to mention that yesterday...Vittozzi (like all the other team members) is enrolled in a Military Corpse...

because of that, she's gonna pay a high prize for this interview (and makes her more irresponsible...twice)...surely...

I'm definitely afraid of that, although I'm going to raise a glass of wine (or two, or three) if she manages to snatch away a gold from Princess (or better, Queen, as she probably demands) Dorothea.

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I'm definitely afraid of that, although I'm going to raise a glass of wine (or two, or three) if she manages to snatch away a gold from Princess (or better, Queen, as she probably demands) Dorothea.

Wierer is probably the most popular female biathlete right now (at least given her social media numbers) :p Don't mess with the Queen! :evil:

Here is an article that adds some interesting, albeit Google Translated info from Vittozzi's mother.  

"Nadia Fontana, mother of Lisa Vittozzi, who in turn lashed out against technical management through some comments on social networks: “It is true, there are timelines to be respected but nobody thought of respecting Lisa last year when one step away from the Cup they blew her balance allowing Doro to rest. The fault was clearly not Doro’s but of the technicians who at a World Cup were unable to handle the situation. Lisa has not digested this thing and will never digest it and has done well to say what she thinks, like it or not she is so, clear. Toads hurt and you have to spit them out to be healthy. As a mother, I am very proud of what she is and what she said. So many things are not known and therefore one should not make assumptions without knowing“.'

Random news and notes:

1.  NorAM 5 will be hosted in Valcartier, Quebec this weekend. 

8 Feb - Sprint

9 Feb - Pursuit

2.  Next Alpine Cup event is 15-16 Feb in Arber, not sure if that will need to me moved.  

3.  Estonia is not having much natural snow, and the European Open Championships look like they will have not a whole lot of snow.

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

Wierer is probably the most popular female biathlete right now (at least given her social media numbers) :p Don't mess with the Queen! :evil:

Yes, and the Lady knows it better than anyone.