website statistics

Biathlon 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread

RobtheAggie

1 hour ago, Vojthas said:

By doing the survey you decrease my chances of winning, but nevertheless - good luck! ;)

http://surveys.tell-us-what-you-think.com/s3/Biathlon-Fan-Survey

It'll score high in the US :p

29U5Ex9.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

This is how I wished a WC calendar looked like for individual events:

Wish:

Individual/Distance - 6 in non-Olympic years, 5 in an Olympic year

Sprint - 8 

Pursuit - 5

Mass Start - 5

What would be okay:

Individual/Distance - 5 in non-Olympic years, 4 in an Olympic year

Sprint - 9

Pursuit - 5

Mass Start - 5

I'm not against implementing some Super Sprints and Mass Starts 60 in the WC. Controversially, I would replace all Men's and Women's Relays with Mixed Relays and Single Mixed Relays. The reason why is to increase the chance for small/upcoming nations to start a relay team. Also, some of the bigger nations, like Norway and Germany, could rest some of their best biathletes and give a chance to other biathletes. I know the last proposal will probably make me very unpopular among some of you. I'm also aware with the current system it's not easy for small/upcoming nations to have two men or two women in the WC, or for that matter, one man or one woman. However, having four men or women are likely a bit harder to achieve. 

Anyone get the impression that this was the IBU altering fans to the fact they have a video game in development? :p

I wouldn’t mind a good live results, course map, shooting stats app as well.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Yeah, I’m with @Wumo on the schedule. Scrap the gender relays in favor of the mixed gender relays, protect the individual, and limit the amount of sprints.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I've only been to IBU Cups so I'd desperately like more screens :lol: (or just...you know, a screen

Fan zones for those 6 people would be fun.

isNSoU2.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

I've only been to IBU Cups so I'd desperately like more screens :lol: (or just...you know, a screen

Fan zones for those 6 people would be fun.

isNSoU2.png

World cup atmosphere is awesome, fan zone should be like a little festival, and there should definitely be more screens.

Edited by Olympian1010

Also, did anyone else put Asian Winter Games, Winter EYOF, and Winter Universaide for “other” under what competitions do you watch? :p

I'd go with sprints, mass starts and individuals as main individual things (and for fuck's sake, give the individual a better name), with the pursuit only held in World Cups. Having the pursuit and sprint as separate Olympic medal events is total bullshit.

Keep the single mixed relay for exhibition events, obviously keep the men's and women's relays and fine, keep the mixed. Supersprints and mass start 60's and whatnot can stay in the junior ranks, especially the simply unfair mass start 60 has no place in the World Cup. At all.

Like most sports, they seem to think the events are the problem. They're not, nobody who doesn't watch biathlon now is going to give a crap suddenly if they add some now event.

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

I cringed at street biathlon...

Yeah. I mean, IBU is at least creative....haha, biathlon on asphalt, no way! Surely they must have wheels or something on their skis and that's just not ever going to be poss.....ooooh wait, summer biathlon has been around for a long, long, long time.