website statistics

Biathlon 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread

RobtheAggie

On 19/11/2019 at 13:35, Grassmarket said:

It doesn’t get used very often for Worlds in CC or Biathlon  We sometimes see it when there is no snow elsewhere, or when other courses are rebuilding.

From what I can find, the course has only been used a few times starting in 2017/2018 for an IBU Cup.  Last year the final two races were held there, and the IBU Cup is scheduled to be there each season until at least the 2021/2022 season.

I put together a spreadsheet of every event from 1980/1981 through the present that I could find.  There are some interesting locales.  If anyone cares, I have attached it.  This does not include Nation specific events, such as Russian or Norway events.  I have also excluded the NORAM events in the US and Canada. Enjoy.

World Biathlon Venues.xlsx

Just now, RobtheAggie said:

From what I can find, the course has only been used a few times starting in 2017/2018 for an IBU Cup.  Last year the final two races were held there, and the IBU Cup is scheduled to be there each season until at least the 2021/2022 season.

I put together a spreadsheet of every event from 1980/1981 through the present that I could find.  There are some interesting locales.  If anyone cares, I have attached it.  This does not include Nation specific events, such as Russian or Norway events.  I have also excluded the NORAM events in the US and Canada. Enjoy.

World Biathlon Venues.xlsx 24.05 kB · 0 downloads

Definitely have seen it used for CC, though.  Teams like to train there because there are lots of different tracks, which you don’t get on every course.

2 hours ago, RobtheAggie said:

World Biathlon Venues.xlsx 24.05 kB · 4 downloads

Bariloche and Portillo definitely had more South American championships (but no idea about the exact years) :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Paja presented her new carbon black rifle for the next season

Not gonna lie, I read it as 'cartoon rifle' the first two times and tried to figure out what is so special about this black rifle to make it cartoon-ish :p

That is one badass rifle.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

33 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

That is one badass rifle.

1 hour ago, Werloc said:

Not gonna lie, I read it as 'cartoon rifle' the first two times and tried to figure out what is so special about this black rifle to make it cartoon-ish :p

Here some more pics about the rifle, the Women´s NT coach Anna Murínová presented it for the first time during the new suits presentations last month

LK-0CQ5dQLvLmPkDkKP9Zw.2560~Streleck-tr-

Spoiler

4UyBBbL-Q_mxmvWhA55pjg.2560~Nov-tieniace

VZ7SU2agTcD1kosslJu6rg~U-ie-remene-na-no

2GJOOVpVRazloqWLZYtYIQ.2560~Nov-dr-anie.

5 hours ago, hckosice said:

Here some more pics about the rifle, the Women´s NT coach Anna Murínová presented it for the first time during the new suits presentations last month

LK-0CQ5dQLvLmPkDkKP9Zw.2560~Streleck-tr-

Slovakia uses 4F wear? For biathlon only or for the Olympics too? I don't remember your Olympians in that.