website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics FINA World Championships 2019

vinipereira

Just now, thiago_simoes said:

Sun Yang is absolutely disgusting. He is a disgrace not only for swimming, but also for sport in general. 

At this point, it's FINA's fault for even allowing him to be here.  Same with the Olympics allowing the Russians.  

Apparently twitching on the starting blocks (not false starting) gets you DQ'd, but doping and smashing the evidence is a-o-k.  

1 minute ago, thiago_simoes said:

Sun Yang is absolutely disgusting. He is a disgrace not only for swimming, but also for sport in general. 

Sun Yang is Mahiedine Mekhissi-Benabbad plus blatant doping, horrible.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, ofan said:

Oh god that was so cringe as Sun Yang seemingly confronted Scott

I don't get it ...

I mean it is one thing to blatantly cheat and then just don't give a shit about what other people think (like Efimova), but how can you cheat so blatantly and then be surprised that other people don't respect you? I almost have the feeling as if he is only surrounded by people in China who treat him like a god and now he doesn't understand why not everyone treats him like that.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

I don't get it ...

I mean it is one thing to blatantly cheat and then just don't give a shit about what other people think (like Efimova), but how can you cheat so blatantly and then be surprised that other people don't respect you? I almost have the feeling as if he is only surrounded by people in China who treat him like a god and now he doesn't understand why not everyone treats him like that.

There you go. I'd like to read Chinese media, I have a feeling he'll be declared a legend there.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, orangeman said:

The synchro swimmers are telling these swimmers to settle down. :d

The what now?

1 minute ago, OlympicsFan said:

I don't get it ...

You've just described how an authoritarian government works