website statistics

Football 2023 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, thepharoah said:

AFC decided that matches between Saudi and Iranian teams and national team will return normally to home and Away rule on their land and will not be played in neutral field

not really AFC's decision :d, Saudis own AFC, one day they decided to not come and AFC said yes Sir as you wish and after 7 years they got buddy buddy with the old enemy and changed their mind, AFC again said Yes Sir.

but there is a funny story, Saudi clubs now have lots of very big names in their squads, of course fans love to watch them. Ronaldo's club is grouped with the most popular club here Persepolis. and while fans were happy to watch him and Mane and other guys. they found out Persepolis has to play its first AFC Champions League match behind the closed doors :d :lol: because their instagram account wrote something very very stupid about India two years ago. (that's a weird and unrelated punishment though)

btw until last year teams were limited to have 3+1 foreign players in their squads. AFC CL this year is a completely different beast with lots of foreign players in each team. Good luck to our shitty clubs facing these super rich Saudi and Qatari teams :lol: 

5 hours ago, MHSN said:

not really AFC's decision :d, Saudis own AFC, one day they decided to not come and AFC said yes Sir as you wish and after 7 years they got buddy buddy with the old enemy and changed their mind, AFC again said Yes Sir.

but there is a funny story, Saudi clubs now have lots of very big names in their squads, of course fans love to watch them. Ronaldo's club is grouped with the most popular club here Persepolis. and while fans were happy to watch him and Mane and other guys. they found out Persepolis has to play its first AFC Champions League match behind the closed doors :d :lol: because their instagram account wrote something very very stupid about India two years ago. (that's a weird and unrelated punishment though)

btw until last year teams were limited to have 3+1 foreign players in their squads. AFC CL this year is a completely different beast with lots of foreign players in each team. Good luck to our shitty clubs facing these super rich Saudi and Qatari teams :lol: 

Is the Saudi clubs' spending spree the reasons of creation of AFC Champions League Elite from 2024 season where clubs from only select countries can play and its extremely difficult for clubs from other countries to participate. They went the European Super League route!!

4 hours ago, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

Is the Saudi clubs' spending spree the reasons of creation of AFC Champions League Elite from 2024 season where clubs from only select countries can play and its extremely difficult for clubs from other countries to participate. They went the European Super League route!!

I don't think Saudis care about the format as long as they are in. it's AFC's super smart/stupid idea :facepalm: to me AFC is the worst sporting organization ever. everything about them suck big time. 

and I agree with you, the original AFC-CL idea was also something like that. they added club from new countries (like India, Philippines, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Iraq) only in past few years. I believe this format won't last long.

I scrolled down the football schedules of this week and saw plenty of U21 European Championship Qualifiers fixtures, so was looking when we play to find out... we do not play, so I looked for the groups to see in which one we are and did not find us anywhere... imagine the shock when I realized the tournament will be played in Slovakia... and one of the venues will be Košice... Ofc I knew it but I completely forgot about this :p

Edited by hckošice

16 minutes ago, Roamingrover86 said:

Your senior team has 2 home games for euro qualifiers, you can attend those. :yes

Both are in Bratislava at the complete opposite end of the country, but yeah, I admit that I would loved to attend the Friday´s game, but at a) the tickets were already sold out very quickly weeks ago, and b), at the very same time, my HC Košice is playing in the Ice Hockey Champions League in Munich, so at the end, yeah, there no contest : hard luck for CR7, he will have to survive to not have a selfie with me :p

:GER lost at home to :JPN 1-4 :lol:

They are really miles removed from being a top team these days. Can only wonder what happens when they host the Euros next. Guess Bayern winning gazillion Bundesliga titles is totally worth crap for the NT. Even Hanis Flick can do shit with the mighty players like Emre Can and Nico Schlotterbeck :coffee: