150m

200m

210m

220m

250m

300m

350m

400m

And anything that doesn't have big Europeans or Kenyans winning more gold than Americans....

At the end of the day Johnson isn't entirely wrong. Track events belong together as do field events. I think athletics should look towards the winter sports for inspiration, where you have say alpine skiing but you don't necessarily have all the events at one place. Like you have Schladming just for slalom, Kitz just for speed disciplines and so on. This way you could have a long jump competition with more than just 8 athletes take place in say Greece, while the next day you would have a track event (with all track disciplines) in Great Britain, the next day a hammer throw in Poland... Athletics and the diamond league could create a similar cup where athletes score points for a overall globe title. Have 10 different meets in the season each worth 100 points for the winner and a point for last placed. Events like 100m and so on would have qualifiers, semis and finals on the same day. Thus preventing athlets from competing in multiple events. I dunno, it's an idea. 

41 minutes ago, FireRun said:

At the end of the day Johnson isn't entirely wrong. Track events belong together as do field events. I think athletics should look towards the winter sports for inspiration, where you have say alpine skiing but you don't necessarily have all the events at one place. Like you have Schladming just for slalom, Kitz just for speed disciplines and so on. This way you could have a long jump competition with more than just 8 athletes take place in say Greece, while the next day you would have a track event (with all track disciplines) in Great Britain, the next day a hammer throw in Poland... Athletics and the diamond league could create a similar cup where athletes score points for a overall globe title. Have 10 different meets in the season each worth 100 points for the winner and a point for last placed. Events like 100m and so on would have qualifiers, semis and finals on the same day. Thus preventing athlets from competing in multiple events. I dunno, it's an idea. 

tbh, I don't like it at all...

it would make things extremely boring.

the beauty of an athletics meet is the variety of events going on in those 2 hours.

and track running, especially the middle and long distances, normally get too much coverage and attention than they deserve (get rid of pace makers and don't allow too many athletes from the same commercial club/manager in the same race to make it more interesting).

meanwhile it's the exact opposite for the field events.

1 hour ago, FireRun said:

That works from a TV perspective, but who's going to want to be in the stadium to watch one event and then go home.

New huge :GRE NR in the men's discus throw

19 yo Dimitrios Pavlidis, who previously had a PB of 59.73, threw 64.90m today :hyper:

He broke the Greek NR of 63.10 which is from 2002! Of course he also broke the Greek U23 NR which was 62.58 from 1983.