website statistics

European Games 2023

Totallympics

12 minutes ago, Mkbw50 said:

Auntie normally shows any old nonsense it gets its hands on though, it has the rights to this and is actively ignoring it. It even shows like school football and stuff like that

BBC doesn't have any available staff to cover the European Games - it is sending over 1,000 staff to cover Glastonbury instead - they'd rather be messing around in a muddy field than presenting from an empty stadium about athletes that most people in UK couldn't pick out in a line-up :lol:

Just now, Rafa Maciel said:

BBC doesn't have any available staff to cover the European Games - it is sending over 1,000 staff to cover Glastonbury instead - they'd rather be messing around in a muddy field than presenting from an empty stadium about athletes that most people in UK couldn't pick out in a line-up :lol:

They could at least put World Feed on their website though.

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

14 minutes ago, FireRun said:

Do the European Games suffer from the fact that so far they've been hosted by nations such as Azerbaijan, Belarus and Poland? Meaning eastern ones. Would things be different say if instead we had them in cities like Nice, Oslo or Dublin? Meaning western. 

I think the combined European Championships in Glasgow and Munich basically prove this point. They felt bigger to me than the European Games.

18 minutes ago, FireRun said:

Do the European Games suffer from the fact that so far they've been hosted by nations such as Azerbaijan, Belarus and Poland? Meaning eastern ones. Would things be different say if instead we had them in cities like Nice, Oslo or Dublin? Meaning western. 

Possibly, but if there were 20 000 Poles in the stands, the picture would be completely different. 

5 minutes ago, Jinzha said:

I think the combined European Championships in Glasgow and Munich basically prove this point. They felt bigger to me than the European Games.

However, they also can’t get sports to remain on the program. Plus, they’ve almost already reached critical mass in terms of athletes with around a dozen sports. The whole event still has a bit of a confused feel as well.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela