website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

I think Argentina has by far the most fans in Qatar. They also seem to be more enthusiastic about this cup than pretty much anyone else, so in a way they would be the most fitting champion. Too bad that it is pretty much impossible to cheer for this team. I would prefer England or Morocco to win the cup. I hope that none out of France/Argentina/Portugal wins the cup, but the odds of that happening are almost nonexistant.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

2 hours ago, thepharoah said:

FB_IMG_1670626203630.jpg

Even Messy was involved, I feel I'm watching Kyrgios vs Wawrinka after match :d

Is not my intention to defend this behavior but i can explain the reasons: the declarations of Van Gaal before the match were considerer provocative and the same with the player who score the two goals, how many times did you see Messi doing things like this?

Well I don’t live in POR anymore but I follow the news and tweets and all, and I can summarize the past days prior to Morocco:

- Ronaldo

- Ronaldo did not celebrated with team mates! Shame!

- Ronaldo actually celebrated and it was a lie. Shame on those who insult Ronaldo!

- We must retire Ronaldo, he is horrible

- Don’t disrespect Ronaldo! I prefer Ronaldo to play than Portugal to win (yes someone actually said this on live tv)

- players being interviewed constantly asked about Ronaldo, answering “erg, please let’s stop talking about Ronaldo”

This is worse because media love this kind of soap opera, specially one tv channel that many years ago got their micro thrown into a lake by Ronaldo (this tv channel is the worse you can imagine, making up lies of everyone) and now that he is old and not good anymore they are using this as revenge and keep talking about him (in a negative way) every minute.

apart from that, I think the feeling is a nervous one , due to the motivation of Morocco and the due to the effects of all this stupid Ronaldo soap opera on the players.