website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

Ugh, those thousands of morons booing the anthem. I presume Americans, or do Iranians do it as well @MHSN Apologies for the ignorance but you might understand it's all slightly confusing for those not in the Iranian world and culture (for me at least) :p

Anyhow, I don't care which sport and which player or country it is, booing an anthem is not-done.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Oh and our commentator said the Iranian players had been told to sing the anthem or else their families would be the victims of violence or even torture. Sounds like one of them typical western horror stories about Iran or North Korea?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Ugh, those thousands of morons booing the anthem. I presume Americans, or do Iranians do it as well @MHSN Apologies for the ignorance but you might understand it's all slightly confusing for those not in the Iranian world and culture (for me at least) :p

Anyhow, I don't care which sport and which player or country it is, booing an anthem is not-done.

no I'm sure they are all Iranians

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Oh and our commentator said the Iranian players had been told to sing the anthem or else their families would be the victims of violence or even torture. Sounds like one of them typical western horror stories about Iran or North Korea?

they didn't sing it in the first match but were forced to do so in 2nd and 3rd matches. it was mostly just moving the lips instead of really singing anything.

they were pressured to do so for sure but not like that for sure. that's a fantasy story by CNN.

12 minutes ago, Roamingrover86 said:

Holland vs Qatar was so boring, as if it was a friendly or a training session. 
The dutch were not interested to score beyond those 2 goals. 
Well as for Qatar, worst record as hosts with no points and just a single goal. They are playing not on merit but by default as hosts.

Same as Qatar vs Ecuador then which turned into a slow training session during the second half.

Surely there was some "incentive" to prevent Qatari team getting battered...

#banbestmen

Hard to believe but this is the first time that :ENG face another UK team at WC.

First time :ENG played  :WAL was in January 1879 at the Kensington Oval in London, later both teams met 103 times but never so far from home like today