website statistics

Tennis 2016 Discussion Thread

rybak

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Did he get sent off? 

:p 

he was banned for 18 months from all hockey things. and he was also in troubles at the civil court. he lost and had to go to jail. but somehow he managed to avoid it. now when I think about it, there not so much information about him in the medias :mumble:

1 hour ago, dareza said:

Kovinic-Buyukakcay-Vogele and winner of match Kozlova/Sevastova. What a semifinal in Istanbul. Danka has nice chance for first wta title.

We have these players in semifinals because all good players which was on original entry list withdrew due to security reasons or lost quickly in first/second round.

Edited by rybak

Great run by Siegemund, she completely dominated Halep and Vinci. Now i hope for a german final. At the moment it looks as if 2 out of Beck/Friedsam/Siegemund will qualify for Rio and Lisicki/Görges/Barthel all will miss out, i never thought that this could really happen.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 hour ago, rybak said:

Siegemund is too good for Aga today :(

Good result for Aga on clay, Siegemund is on fire right now, apparently there is no way to stop her ...

Aga might be the most consistent player (she is never really bad), but she needs to peak somewhere if she wants to win one of the 4 big tournaments. For me she is something like the female version of Andy Murray (without a slam), she is always very good at big tournaments, but something is always missing to win the whole thing.

I hope that she will win a slam someday, she clearly deserves it, maybe she just has to wait for Serena to retire, then everything could be wide open ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.