website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Music Thread

OlympicIRL

• 1 month later...

Irene Cara  :( RIP

"Fame"  written by Michael Gore (music) and Dean Pitchford (lyrics), performed by Irene Cara

"What a Feeling" was written by Giorgio Moroder (music), Keith Forsey and Irene Cara (lyrics) and performed by Irene Cara

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I very rarely post here about current Hungarian music trends because I personally don't care that much, but something very interesting happened on the Hungarian music charts in the past few months: we got a hit song from a Hungarian artist that is mainly in English (mix of English and Hungarian). This is something that has almost never happened before, the few exceptions are Eurovision songs like the one that finished 5th in 2014. 

Maybe this song will start a trend, maybe not. But finally we got a proof that English language songs from Hungarian artists don't need Eurovision to become hits. To be fair, it comes from the most popular Hungarian artist of the past year, so it's not that surprising.

(I don't want to reveal my personal feelings about the song, you will find out anyway based on whether or not I will send it to the next TISC)